Smart Meter Delay

MazzyW

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I got my Home charger installed today but I can't switch to one of the more adaptable tariffs until I have a smart meter installed. I'm with Octopus and have waited 2 months so far with no indication of a date for installation. How mong is the lead time with other energy suppliers ? I really could do with paying 5 p kW rather than 16.30 p and it may be worth switching to get this sorted.
Mark

Octopus just instruct an installer like Morrisons to do the job and is normally done in a couple of weeks what date did they give you?

Many subcontract to the same firms, so is it any different?

Keep badgering Octopus.

Don't quote me on this but if you contact Octopus to advise them you're looking at swapping to a smart tariff they may accelerate your installation.

I found them very responsive when it came to meter swapping.
First date they offered me was something like 3 days after the call!
They may just be super busy but it doesn't hurt to ask why there is a delay.

Thanks for the various replies. The excuse they are giving is that there are no available appointments in my area and that new appointments are only released each Wednesday. I am continuing to push them. Mark

I got my Home charger installed today but I can't switch to one of the more adaptable tariffs until I have a smart meter installed. I'm with Octopus and have waited 2 months so far with no indication of a date for installation. How mong is the lead time with other energy suppliers ? I really could do with paying 5 p kW rather than 16.30 p and it may be worth switching to get this sorted.
Mark
Hi whatever you do don't Chang your supplier at the moment, you'll end up paying considerably more.

Mark
I waited over a month then they cancelled on me without telling me. I waited in all day then called them about 5 ish and they said they were not coming, I was very angry with the girl (not her fault I know) but she was there as it were, anyway they apologised and I ended up waiting another 5 weeks before it was eventually installed so don't hold your breath.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom