Spare Wheel (Full Size)

Alb

Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has anyone priced an original wheel?
I'm thinking about having a full size spare.

Has anyone priced an original wheel?
I'm thinking about having a full size spare.
£259 from mg for a mg5.
That reminds me, I'll need to remember the out it in the boot when i pick my car up.

Just checked the accessories price list and the optional Star alloy is only £180!

Since Golf mk 5 space saver spares fit, would aftermarket Golf mk 5 specced alloys fit?

Oh, and the wheel bolts, once changed for VW pattern heads, would mean spare and main wheels would all be matched.

Mind you, I've always liked these:

images

Since Golf mk 5 space saver spares fit, would aftermarket Golf mk 5 specced alloys fit?

Oh, and the wheel bolts, once changed for VW pattern heads, would mean spare and main wheels would all be matched.

Mind you, I've always liked these:

images
So if you only have 4 and no spare does this mean you have left a bear behind?

Bringing this up to date as I've now bought a full size (OEM) alloy as a spare for my MG5.
The MG part number is 10317983 and I just picked one up for £70 delivered from an MG dealer on eBay :giggle:
Next question will be to figure out what tyre to put on it. Not sure whether to match the originals or future proof by getting something better :unsure:

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Bringing this up to date as I've now bought a full size (OEM) alloy as a spare for my MG5.
The MG part number is 10317983 and I just picked one up for £70 delivered from an MG dealer on eBay :giggle:
Next question will be to figure out what tyre to put on it. Not sure whether to match the originals or future proof by getting something better :unsure:
Just a thought (because I'm too lazy to check) - are the current tyres directional? If so, that wouldn't be much use on a spare (unless you carry 2!)

The OEM tyres are neither directional nor asymmetric.
If they were directional, you'd simply select a spare that wasn't.

Bad news is that the wheel well depth is about 5.5" and a wheel with tyre is about 8.5"
Solutions for building up the boot floor have been shown here in other threads so that's not an insurmountable issue. I quite like the idea of carrying it permanently but these is also merit in keeping it in the garage to be brought out only for longer journeys.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom