Speed Limiter

Dragonfly

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Does anyone know if it is possible to set a speed limiter? I like to set one in roadworks when it's like a long temporary 50mph on motorways.

An adaptive one would be even better, or is the adaptive cruise control meant to be the replacement for this? Which it isn't.

I would of thought setting the adaptive at 50 would be the way to go as it would limit you from going above the set speed

It is the closest I have come to, but not the same. Do you know if you can set the cruise control to pay attention to road signs it reads.

It is the closest I have come to, but not the same. Do you know if you can set the cruise control to pay attention to road signs it reads.
I’m not 100% sure I don’t get mine for another 2 weeks and 1day not that I’m counting

Sounds like the intelligent speed assist function. If it sees a speed sign , then it will stick to it , and I think make a warning noise if you try to go over it. Never used it , but take a look at the owner manual on 1st post from Stuart.

Okay I figured out the intelligent speed assist. It has a few quirks. Basically you enable it from the infotainment system, then you can switch it on and off from set button on the cruise control stalk.

However it doesn't always see signs, that I clearly see. Quite often the satnav knows the correct speed limit, but the assist doesn't. It also sets a dual carriageway A road as 60, when it should be 70 and the sat nav knows it's 70.

Okay I figured out the intelligent speed assist. It has a few quirks. Basically you enable it from the infotainment system, then you can switch it on and off from set button on the cruise control stalk.

However it doesn't always see signs, that I clearly see. Quite often the satnav knows the correct speed limit, but the assist doesn't. It also sets a dual carriageway A road as 60, when it should be 70 and the sat nav knows it's 70.
Wouldn’t it be easier to set the ACC so you can’t go any faster unless you press the accelerator?

I prefer a speed limiter, because situations, like seeing queuing traffic, I will ease off and regen brake up to the queue, the ACC will base it's speed on the car in front / limit and probably brake at the last minute.

However I also believe that the ACC will have exactly the same quirks with the wrong speed limit at times.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom