Speeding. 🙄☹

You're not allowed to do 26 in a 20 zone. They may overlook it, but it's discretionary.
"Police guidelines say enforcement will be targeted on drivers travelling 10% above the speed limit - plus 2mph," he said.
"For now this will be increased to 10% plus 4mph meaning we start to prosecute at 26mph in a 20mph limit."

A great way to have your car impounded.
Tongue was firmly planted in cheek, coupled with the fact you can get anything from AliExpress ( apart from black copyright infringed MG badges apparently).

Personally I'm of the opinion it's a limit, not a target. Exceed it, get caught, suck it up.
I had 4 speeding offences in quick succession in '99, all of which qualified for a "yebbut" scenario ( apart from the 150 on the M54 on my bike that got me 3 points and £40 - ah, those were the days ) . I eventually learnt that no means no.

"Police guidelines say enforcement will be targeted on drivers travelling 10% above the speed limit - plus 2mph," he said.
"For now this will be increased to 10% plus 4mph meaning we start to prosecute at 26mph in a 20mph limit."

Where did you get that? We've had a number of links to guidelines talking about 10% plus 2 mph (which is what I always thought it was) or 10% plus 1 mph (which is what I heard more recently), and also reports of police forces who simply say, these are guidelines, we don't have to pay any attention, you're nicked sunshine. Not heard about anyone running on 10% plus 4 mph and the wording sounds like it's recent and perhaps temporary.

Still just guidelines. They can do you for anything over the limit, if they feel like it. To certain definitions of "they". I suspect it's a high-up decision, and that individual cops who keep running in drivers for a couple of mph over the limit in an authority which has decided to allow some leeway will be told to stop wasting everyone's time.

You're not "allowed" to do anything over the limit. They may let you away with a small transgression, and they usually do, but it doesn't mean it's not a breach of the limit.

Where did you get that? We've had a number of links to guidelines talking about 10% plus 2 mph (which is what I always thought it was) or 10% plus 1 mph (which is what I heard more recently), and also reports of police forces who simply say, these are guidelines, we don't have to pay any attention, you're nicked sunshine. Not heard about anyone running on 10% plus 4 mph and the wording sounds like it's recent and perhaps temporary.

Still just guidelines. They can do you for anything over the limit, if they feel like it. To certain definitions of "they". I suspect it's a high-up decision, and that individual cops who keep running in drivers for a couple of mph over the limit in an authority which has decided to allow some leeway will be told to stop wasting everyone's time.

You're not "allowed" to do anything over the limit. They may let you away with a small transgression, and they usually do, but it doesn't mean it's not a breach of the limit.
That's the whole problem with the guidelines in Wales . Nobody knows what's happening along with most people ignoring it anyway . Also there are some plain stupid changes like the speed limit changing from 20 to 30 for about 10 yards and then back to 20

Weirdly, we have exactly the same thing in Scotland, and nobody is bitching about it so's you'd notice. The stupidities I see were caused by complaints persuading them to revert some short stretches to 30, when they were fine the way they were. But there hasn't been an uprising or anything.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom