Suprising price of MG part and availability

Fokmg

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Due to a recent parking accident (don`t believe the reversing camera) I found I needed a new passenger side rear light cluster!!!!.
Immediate thought was to look on ebay for somthing. Horrified to find the price was between £175 and £215 !!!
I then thought I would find out how much a new one from my MG dealership would be.
I was quoted approx £ 125 inc VAT. but it would have to be ordered. The item was ordered on the Tuesday afternoon and it arrived on the Thursday afternoon Brilliant as I live in Mid Wales (well done O.C Davies of Cardigain)
The lesson to learn is sometimes the Dealer is cheaper than EBAY. Also I am fortunate to have a very good MG dealer who cares.

Due to a recent parking accident (don`t believe the reversing camera) I found I needed a new passenger side rear light cluster!!!!.
Immediate thought was to look on ebay for somthing. Horrified to find the price was between £175 and £215 !!!
I then thought I would find out how much a new one from my MG dealership would be.
I was quoted approx £ 125 inc VAT. but it would have to be ordered. The item was ordered on the Tuesday afternoon and it arrived on the Thursday afternoon Brilliant as I live in Mid Wales (well done O.C Davies of Cardigain)
The lesson to learn is sometimes the Dealer is cheaper than EBAY. Also I am fortunate to have a very good MG dealer who cares.
You were lucky there was stock in the UK, otherwise it would have been a couple of months wait for it to come on a slow boat from China. :)

I think if it's a small item they will air-freight it!

I ordered a set of seat covers from China (via Aliexpress) at the end of May. They make them to order, they don't have a stock sitting on a shelf waiting to be sent. I'm expecting them next week. The mud-flaps came pretty quick too, but then they were light and a small package. An entire set of seat covers is a bit more substantial - still coming by air though.

But those are commercial companies making money on selling you things. For MG it costs them to move stock around the world and making little or no profit from it. They are going to use the cheapest method, which is usually by boat with other MG stuff.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom