6 months in and what are my thoughts........

steve401

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Having owned my ZSEV LR in Silver, I thought I'd share some positive thoughts........
I ordered my car in December 2021 and after what seemed an eternity, it finally arrived in September 2022. Not as long a wait as some, I know but it seemed like forever.
My main reasons for the purchase were I wanted a SUV style car (as we get older, we need cars to be accessible for our aching joints etc.) The price had to be in line with the government grants at the time ( fortunate as I was to qualify as 2 weeks after order the amount was reduced and finally killed off)#
Six months in and how do I feel about it all now......
For me the car is all that I wanted it to be, quiet, responsive, comfortable and cheaper to run than petrol. I have solar panels at home and during the better weather I am able to keep the car topped up using trickle charge via the Zappi charger. I don't do a lot of miles so a trickle charge at home does the job and on a sunny day it's all free. as the better weather is coming I'm loving it all the more. During the winter months I was using the home charger on 7KW mode and it still worked out a lot cheaper than using petrol so to me its win,win.
The information gleamed from this forum has helped with minor issues like sat nav problems initially, and resetting the radio etc, but touch wood I haven't resorted to the 10mm spanner yet.
Just thought I share some positivity for all those who are still having issues due to long waiting times. I would say to you..... hang in there because its all worth it in the end........

Hi, are you on a standard tariff or an EV tariff?
How much excess solar do you generate to get into the car via the Zappi and do you have an Eddi?

How much excess solar do you generate to get into the car via the Zappi and do you have an Eddi?
Hi, I'm on British Gas standard tariff. The Zappi charges at 1.2 kw and above so if it's nice and sunny It charges at anything upto about 3kw. Enough on a good day for it to put any where between 5% and 15% while the cars on my drive doing nothing.

This month using my granny charger to syphon off the solar (between 6 and 10 amps) I've put 55 kWh into the car, that's around 187 miles for free. :)

This month using my granny charger to syphon off the solar (between 6 and 10 amps) I've put 55 kWh into the car, that's around 187 miles for free. :)
Jammy sod.

Haven’t got £5k(?) spare for a solar install, and even if I did, I don’t think FatboyFat Towers has enough roof area for it to be worth it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom