SWARCO RFID card?

Reaction score
Driving
MG5
A lot of my journeys now take me to North Wales, especially Anglesey. From previous charges, SWARCO are by far the most reliable, fast (45kw+) and cost effective. To date, I've always used either contactless or the SWARCO app to start and pay for the charge.
But what would happen if I couldn't pay by phone or forgot my debit/credit card? As a backup, I've thought about the SWARCO RFID card but it comes at a cost of £12. As an example, and probably one of the popular ones, Octopus Electroverse is free but doesn't seem comaptible with SWARCO.
So are there any other free RFID cards I should consider that are compatible with the SWARCO network?

FWIW the £12 cost for the RFID card aligns with what Charge Place Scotland (CPS) charge for their RFID card. (Although it was £10 when I got mine).

A quick Google doesn't throw out any results about compatible RFID cards (other than their own).

The CPS/Swarco card can be very useful if you come to Scotland as there are quite a few chargers that are out of mobile coverage.

CPS card if you're in Scotland or E.Connect in England and Wales. Not the same networks but both run/owned by Swarco. My E.Connect card does not work on CPS chargers.

CPS card if you're in Scotland or E.Connect in England and Wales. Not the same networks but both run/owned by Swarco. My E.Connect card does not work on CPS chargers.
Thanks for that. The CPS office weren’t sure but seemed certain that the CPS card only works in Scotland.

There was some news a few months ago that the Scottish Government were going to be selling CPS, if Swarco bought it then I can see the cards being accepted across all their networks.
No idea if or when cps might be sold or who would buy it but sounds like a plan to me.

Heh ho, Swarco RFID card it is. Not planning to visit Scotland anytime soon but useful to know.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom