Tempted to sell my 12/2019 ZS EV

Ingo Wilson

Standard Member
Reaction score
My initial range anxiety has abated and driving the ZS EV Exclusive has been a great experience. The residual value from the likes of webuyanycar and others is astonishing. As the months tick by the value of my car gets closer to what I paid. I'm being seduced by the reviews of the new MG4 EV which looks and sounds really good. So if I order one of these now should I wait and px my ZS EV when the MG4 arrived or sell it now and bank the money to ensure I get the full benefit of good residual price?
Really tough decision. What would you do? Feedback really appreciated.

My initial range anxiety has abated and driving the ZS EV Exclusive has been a great experience. The residual value from the likes of webuyanycar and others is astonishing. As the months tick by the value of my car gets closer to what I paid. I'm being seduced by the reviews of the new MG4 EV which looks and sounds really good. So if I order one of these now should I wait and px my ZS EV when the MG4 arrived or sell it now and bank the money to ensure I get the full benefit of good residual price?
It's a difficult one alright !.
If you have access to a second car, then you COULD sell the Gen1 ZS EV and cash in now.
However, if you don't have access to a second car, then selling now is a bit of a gamble.
You place your order, then there is a LONG delay in getting your MG4 ????.
Some owners did decide to cash in, with the belief that the wait for there car would be very short.
I know somebody who has been without a car for almost 7 months now !.
Relying on lift's from friends and family.
I don't see the price of second hand EV's dropping much to be honest.
It will be interesting to see how a predicted recession, that is likely to hit the UK before the end of 2022 affects the car market 🤷‍♂️.

If you order a car how much would it cost to cancel if the financials go against you and they are not what you expect? It's the delay in the new cars and rising interest rates that are causing the problem.

If it costs you nothing or a small amount to cancel it becomes a no lose gamble.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom