Tesla Supercharger Sites for 3rd parties

Great news but at 61p per kw it is emergency use only for me.
Yeah, it’s cheaper than IONITY (69p) even with the Octopus Juice Card (66p), and close to Shell Recharge (55p) & Instavolt (58p).

Agree, it wouldn’t be my first choice but if available when others aren’t, I’d consider.

What is the minimum term for membership?

Its going to be interesting in future.

My first electric car was a PHEV which travelled 30 miles on electric (downhill on a good day)

2nd car was an electric golf which did 140 miles and only had to use paid for chargers a handful of times

Current car does 250 so will only charge away from home 3 or 4 times a year when going on holiday

Next car will probably do 500 miles plus at which time I wont need to charge away from home on all but the odd occasion

At what point will chargers just not be needed?

Last edited:
Tesla membership
What app do you need to use Tesla network
Tesla app - there is a section to charge your non-tesla

1652896002821.png

Uxbridge supercharger is at 42p / kWh so cheaper than Instavolt. Most of the other superchargers are around 60-62p. I'm itching to try it but the nearest to me is about 130 miles away.

My first electric car was a PHEV which travelled 30 miles on electric (downhill on a good day)

2nd car was an electric golf which did 140 miles and only had to use paid for chargers a handful of times

Current car does 250 so will only charge away from home 3 or 4 times a year when going on holiday

Next car will probably do 500 miles plus at which time I wont need to charge away from home on all but the odd occasion

That is a Very good point that I'd not actually thought about. That point should be used for a national campaign to wake people up to EV ownership. I only charge at home once a week and grab free charges at Tesco when shopping, as you say it's only holiday runs that are possibly out of range on a full battery so requiring a splash and dash while having lunch.

You're assuming everyone can charge at home.
The majority of people with EV's up until recently will probably have bought them based on their use case, ie people with home charging available and/or lower mileage.
As EV ownership increases, there will therefore be much higher numbers of owners, but the more difficult use cases will be buying EVs and therefore the number of people that can't charge at home will no doubt increase, as well as the people doing longer distances.

So I think we're a while away yet.

To be fair, this thread was created first and the supercharger network is valid information for all EV users rather than just specific to MG5, so generic information is fine here and MG5 specific information fine there 🤷‍♂️
My appologies for my transgression I had no idea of the etiquette to observe. Just thought I was being helpful.👴

My appologies for my transgression I had no idea of the etiquette to observe. Just thought I was being helpful.👴
You’re cool, no etiquette really other than some owners will only look at their own forum and ignore others as model specific info isn’t always relevant to them.

Helpful is always a good thing 👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom