THE FUTURE IS HERE AND NOW. (Tesla CyberTruck delivery event)

Why?

It looks like it hit every branch of the ugly tree on its way down 🤣
Range Rovers make me want to puke. But perhaps it is the way that they are driven rather than the car itself? Every summer we have a ton descend on us down here and they block the lanes because very often the driver does not know how to reverse. 😉

Wanting a bullet proof tank as a truck speaks volumes about our American cousins (no offence intended to any Americans on the forum, just an observation).

The thing is totally illegal in Europe without significant modifications for pedestrian safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like something by Gerry Anderson/Space 1999/UFO, I expect Elon's next rocket to look like Fireball XL5.
That's not necessarily a bad thing!

189MP500_Eagle-22-New_11_04.jpg

I agree the Cybertruck has marmite looks.

I am more interested in the technology innovations though:
  • Stainless steel exoskeleton
  • Massive one piece castings
  • First implementation of steer by wire (this will be huge)
  • 48V low voltage electrical system (also will become huge, I predict)

While this is clearly for the US market only, it will probably sell millions.

But I wish Tesla would fix its weak link - its product line up - especially in Europe they basically sell only 1 car at mass market prices and that's not even a hatchback.

I can see a future where Tesla provides the factories and technology and batteries and charging infrastructure and leave the cars built with it to others.

I can see a future where Tesla provides the factories and technology and batteries and charging infrastructure and leave the cars built with it to others.
Hmmm. I don't think so, but it's an interesting idea. And the chargers have indeed already gone that way, at least in North America.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom