The future of car insurance for older cars.

chowbenter

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone else been following this story from an insurance industry whistleblower over this past week?
I had classic cars for over 40 years until recently selling them as I could no longer manage the Maintenance or the upkeep of them, The mind was willing but the body wasn't. It makes for scary viewing if true.

tl;dr ... cars may need to have "black boxes" in the future rather than this being optional? So classic cars would still be able to be covered 🙄

I'm trying to remember what I heard that was downright wrong. (I'm not watching it again.)

As far as I remember there was something about not being able to charge your car without an app, so "they" would always know where you were. The cops traced the serial killer Robert Black from petrol receipts back in the 1980s. Unless you only use cash for everything, which is likely to set off completely different alarms these days, you can be traced. Also better not carry your phone at all.

Didn't seem aware that most chargers take ordinary debit cards and will have to in future, or that an EV can be charged wherever there is a 13A plug.

Don't remember what the other thing was.

I'm trying to remember what I heard that was downright wrong. (I'm not watching it again.)

As far as I remember there was something about not being able to charge your car without an app, so "they" would always know where you were. The cops traced the serial killer Robert Black from petrol receipts back in the 1980s. Unless you only use cash for everything, which is likely to set off completely different alarms these days, you can be traced. Also better not carry your phone at all.

Didn't seem aware that most chargers take ordinary debit cards and will have to in future, or that an EV can be charged wherever there is a 13A plug.

Don't remember what the other thing was.
Cash ? Yeah I had some once 🤩

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom