The Tesla full self-driving thread

Don't worry, I'm sure Ali express will be selling after market kits as soon as it becomes mainstream. 😱
I doubt insurers would sign off on DIY kits, suspect it would require installation by certified professional.

I'm sure classics will initially get an exemption but the insurance costs could price you off the road as a non self driving vehicle will be perceived as a very high risk
Unfortunately you are probably right, but hoping any exemption will be a long one if that comes to pass.

This is all in the realms of the "entirely possible, quite likely" but it's also many decades away if it happens. Even if true self-driving is cracked, the journey from there to banning human drivers is going to be long, winding and fraught with difficulties.

Self driving vehicles had been around before ICE vehicles made them redundant.

My father used to tell me about my grandfather, who used to work in a foundry making the boilers for steam engines. After a hard days work in all that heat, they used to go to the pub to down a few pints. One old chap used to get legless and they would take him out of the pub, put him on the back of his cart, slap the horses rump, and he would take him home. :)

Self driving vehicles had been around before ICE vehicles made them redundant.

My father used to tell me about my grandfather, who used to work in a foundry making the boilers for steam engines. After a hard days work in all that heat, they used to go to the pub to down a few pints. One old chap used to get legless and they would take him out of the pub, put him on the back of his cart, slap the horses rump, and he would take him home. :)
On my dad's milk round as a lad, while he took the milk to the doorstop the horse would move on to the next one on its own. And nobody complained about emissions either - a penny a bucket he got for those. 😄

It may be later than you'd imagined - around the late 30's in the London suburbs. I suspect one or two forum members were alive by then.

It was around the time they introduced driving tests, stopped putting the pedals in random orders and had 30 times the number of road deaths per car as now.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom