Toyota Yaris

mj224

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I managed to bend my MG ZS EV mk 1 on a low brick wall. Not a huge amount of damage, but plenty to raise the insurance umbrella.

As a courtesy car, I have the Toyota Yaris. Lovely little car.

After a day of driving this little Hybrid, I am looking forward to getting my MG back. The Yaris is well built, the reverse camera is way better than the MG, but the controls are complicated, re the Radar brakes etc.

But the Hybrid factor makes the car so much easier to manage, and not have to rely on Charging Stations around the country.

My advice for newcomers to EV's is to go for a Hybrid now, and wait several years before buying an All-Electric car, in the hope technology will improve the batteries and charging infrastructure............

I'd say that the charging infrastructure is steadily improving and after my first year with a 5LR I'd be quite confident of travelling anywhere in the country.

Having changed my driving philosophy from 'fill to the brim and stop for nothing, and beat the previous time it took you to do this journey' to sticking to the limits and stopping every couple of hours to take a break, I'm a lot less stressed about driving as well.

My vote says 'if you fancy an EV, get one'... and you won't regret it.

Not a criticism of the original post, just an alternative point of view. :)

My advice to ICE drivers is to keep with ICE.....stay away from EV charging stations and leave them for me! ;)
These are my thoughts EXACTLY.

I am getting p'd off with seeing so many EVs on the road now, and clogging up them chargers.
We were a happy little minority community until EVs got popular.
Just kidding keep the revolution rolling. :)

I stopped at the Reasding Services recently. A lovely row of 10 (?) brand new chargers, and the original two in the car park. IF only it was the same on all motorway services...:)

Ah, I've a long journey to make in a few weeks, and Reading is about half way. I was a bit concerned about Gridserve chargers and the bricking issue, but I take it you had no problems?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom