Toyotas latest desperate attempt. Ammonia!!!

Roldorf

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
"Ammonia production depends on plentiful supplies of energy. Sustainable production is possible by using non-polluting methane pyrolysis or generating hydrogen by water electrolysis with renewable energy sources." (Wickipedia)
Why not just charge EV's directly with all that energy that is used to produce ammonia which is highly toxic and very poisonous on it's own not to mention:-
One of the main industrial byproducts of ammonia production is CO2. (Wickipedia).
Toyota! What a joke, dumping their cars on the rest of the world. Desperate for anything to save the company as long as it's not making EV's.

I work for a company which is developing ammonia-diesel engines for locomotives.

Toyota are producing EV's according to the automotive news. The BZ4X will soon be available in Australia.

Last edited:
What could possibly go wrong with carrying around a tank full of highly toxic and corrosive liquid in every vehicle? 🤔

I know they are looking at ammonia for trains and ships - a friend of mine is an engineering risk assessor for ships, and he's astounded by the risks of using this in passenger vessels (along with hydrogen) and cannot fathom how anyone could contemplate it. He has spoken about it at international conferences.

I read an interesting article in “Car Buzz” which stated that Shell has closed down all its “few” private vehicle hydrogen pumps at its gas stations.
Oh dear it’s not so popular as predicted then ?

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom