Trip to Berkshire

Reaction score
Driving
MG5
On Friday morning had to drive to Berkshire for a family wedding so charged my facelifted MG5 Trophy to full on Thursday night and on Friday morning it was showing see picture
3BF292C3-35FB-41C1-BFE4-48C266B38F67.jpeg

This was at switch on so comfort mode regen 2 which is the default mode switching to eco mode took this to 302 miles
So mainly motorway driving stop at Banbury after 139 miles of 63 ish MPH as a maximum but spells of 50MPH on M6 for road works so the average was around 57MPH on arrival at Banbury had 41% of battery remaining so the reason for stopping was to attempt a charge on a Tesla supercharger as they are open to no Tesla there but no joy at all car not recognised tried every way I could but would not let me charge while there another MG5 owner arrived in the non facelifted excite and he couldn’t get a charge as well, so give up had a bite to eat in the M&S cafe and moved to another site around 1/2 miles down the road and just topped up with around 20% to 60kw from an instatvolt unit but even there the first 2 I tried refused to charge never had that before with instatvolt 3rd one was fine but there are I think 24 to go at so no problem.
So continued our journey on the M40 again at the 63mph and on arrival I had 29% left so would have made it without the top up but would have only had around 9% left instead of 29% so in conclusion 90% did around 210miles most of the way it was showing around 3.9 MPKW which increased to 4.1 after we left the motorway the last 10 miles or so being on A roads around 50mph where possible.
6D272AD5-38CC-47A2-81C6-5824B8158CFE.jpeg

So I think the car live up well to its predicted range of around 230 miles at these kind of speeds.
Used the heater part of the journey as it was only around 8/9 degrees to start with.
Les

On Friday morning had to drive to Berkshire for a family wedding so charged my facelifted MG5 Trophy to full on Thursday night and on Friday morning it was showing see picture
View attachment 17246
This was at switch on so comfort mode regen 2 which is the default mode switching to eco mode took this to 302 miles
So mainly motorway driving stop at Banbury after 139 miles of 63 ish MPH as a maximum but spells of 50MPH on M6 for road works so the average was around 57MPH on arrival at Banbury had 41% of battery remaining so the reason for stopping was to attempt a charge on a Tesla supercharger as they are open to no Tesla there but no joy at all car not recognised tried every way I could but would not let me charge while there another MG5 owner arrived in the non facelifted excite and he couldn’t get a charge as well, so give up had a bite to eat in the M&S cafe and moved to another site around 1/2 miles down the road and just topped up with around 20% to 60kw from an instatvolt unit but even there the first 2 I tried refused to charge never had that before with instatvolt 3rd one was fine but there are I think 24 to go at so no problem.
So continued our journey on the M40 again at the 63mph and on arrival I had 29% left so would have made it without the top up but would have only had around 9% left instead of 29% so in conclusion 90% did around 210miles most of the way it was showing around 3.9 MPKW which increased to 4.1 after we left the motorway the last 10 miles or so being on A roads around 50mph where possible.
View attachment 17247
So I think the car live up well to its predicted range of around 230 miles at these kind of speeds.
Used the heater part of the journey as it was only around 8/9 degrees to start with.
Les
I like Banbury for mid-journey topups. :)
Surprised you didn't just hop onto the excellent Osprey chargers situated next to the Tesla's when those didn't work, although I would like to see the expanded Instavolt site - 32 chargers as well.
No problem getting a charge in Banbury.

I like Banbury for mid-journey topups. :)
Surprised you didn't just hop onto the excellent Osprey chargers situated next to the Tesla's when those didn't work, although I would like to see the expanded Instavolt site - 32 chargers as well.
No problem getting a charge in Banbury.
Hi yeh it’s very good at Banbury call on there many times since owning an EV over 2 years now I did see the Osprey ones but where all in use at the time so I knew the Instatvolt site wouldn’t be a problem and I couldn’t believe it when the first 2 I tried didn’t work but around 20 not being used at the time so just moved the first time I stopped there 8 had just come on line now we’ll just watch below
Matt from GoGreen autos put this video up on YouTube recently.
Les

I used the Instavolt @ Banbury on Saturday. First attempt failed, one one of the original ones. My mobile charging alarm reminded me that it failed on that line before so she suggested I do what we did last time and went to the other original row (facing Costa) and it worked first time.

Could be coincidence, could be user error, could be a genuine fault. Who knows? :)

I used the Instavolt @ Banbury on Saturday. First attempt failed, one one of the original ones. My mobile charging alarm reminded me that it failed on that line before so she suggested I do what we did last time and went to the other original row (facing Costa) and it worked first time.

Could be coincidence, could be user error, could be a genuine fault. Who knows? :)
That’s exactly what I did on Friday 2 newer ones failed the older ones as you say original one worked first time yeh the ones nearest Costa

Les

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom