Type 1 to Type 2 Plug Change

Now I have my ZS ordered I was wondering about changing the Type 1 plug on the end of my 30amp cable to Type 2. It is a good 10m one.

Has anyone done it?

...and many more including Amazon etc., just Google 'Type 1 to type 2 adapter'.

I have done it as I ordered a cable but did not fully check the details and got a Type 1 connector, so I ordered a socket and did it myself. What you do need (better than soldering) is a battery terminal crimper as this gives a better connection.
1695548027929.png

I ordered a resistor that tells the car it is a charging cct but that came with the socket kit.

Fairly straight forward, just need a little patience and I did solder the smaller wires as the crimper was for bigger cables.

I have done it as I ordered a cable but did not fully check the details and got a Type 1 connector, so I ordered a socket and did it myself. What you do need (better than soldering) is a battery terminal crimper as this gives a better connection.View attachment 20306

I ordered a resistor that tells the car it is a charging cct but that came with the socket kit.

Fairly straight forward, just need a little patience and I did solder the smaller wires as the crimper was for bigger cables.
Delboy you don't have a link to the socket kit do you?

...and many more including Amazon etc., just Google 'Type 1 to type 2 adapter'.
Game thanks

I could not find the kit I bought, but here is a link on ebay for similar, I used the small resistor but there are cct diagrams out there on what to do.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I could not find the kit I bought, but here is a link on ebay for similar, I used the small resistor but there are cct diagrams out there on what to do.
that is great thanks and ordered a job for later int eh week to swap over

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom