Undercoat

gus

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just been fitting mud flaps and got a good view of the bottom of the battery pack, any thoughts on if I should consider waxoyl or equivalent as there seems to be a fair chunk of bare metal sitting under the car?

The mk1 zs wasn't great as far as rust protection was concerned Not sure if things have improved on the mk2. it depends how long you intend to keep it really. I think that the actual hv pack is not worth worrying about protecting as these are quite robust. it's the other areas that get exposed to the road and salt etc
this thread might be useful

1https://www.mgevs.com/threads/have-you-got-any-rust-on-your-mg-zs-ev.64/page-5#post-28998

The mk1 zs wasn't great as far as rust protection was concerned Not sure if things have improved on the mk2. it depends how long you intend to keep it really. I think that the actual hv pack is not worth worrying about protecting as these are quite robust. it's the other areas that get exposed to the road and salt etc
this thread might be useful

1https://www.mgevs.com/threads/have-you-got-any-rust-on-your-mg-zs-ev.64/page-5#post-28998

The mk1 ZS was and is a completely different car to the EV versions of the ZS. There are no reports I have read of genuine rust issues with MG EVs.

Sorry - I meant the mk1 EV 44kwhr - which I enjoyed owning. There are plenty of threads on here discussing potential rust issues - how severe they may be I don’t know. I think the ZS EV is actually based on the ICE car platform - I.e. the bodyshell and most of the running gear.

Sorry - I meant the mk1 EV 44kwhr - which I enjoyed owning. There are plenty of threads on here discussing potential rust issues - how severe they may be I don’t know. I think the ZS EV is actually based on the ICE car platform - I.e. the bodyshell and most of the running gear.

They are not severe, or in any way more problematic than for any other car.

One guy with the old mk1 ZS (not EV) was very vocal with his non-problem.

Just had a bit of surface rust on mine where the front lower crossmember meets the front chassis rails, sprayed some WD40 on it to stop it spreading. Absolutely no rust anywhere else underneath on it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom