Waiting times

Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Had a trip to the Trafford Centre in Manchester today wife trying out her new shopping trolley ( MG4 Se Sr).
Anyhow once we got there in one of the shops was 3 polestar 2 vehicles all the same I think just different colours and interiors so while she was in the M&S store close by I had a wonder in there to take a look.

So very nice indeed but when I managed to get in one of them ( lots of other people looking as well )
I set the drivers seat for me about 6 foot tall very comfortably it was to,so I then got out to look at the rear seat room behind the driving seat set for me, and you know what I would say there is as much maybe even more room in the back of our MG4 and a more comfortable seat as well I thought.

The boot is massive and there’s a Frunk also big enough for a flight case I would think, then the sales chap came around and started his chat, usual stuff have you tried an EV or own one, I said yes 2, so anyhow I asked him for the prices Ho he said they start at just over £43,000 and go to mid £70,000 depending on drive train 2 or 4 wheel drive and other extras, so I then asked what’s the currant lead /wait time to have one was 12- 16 months at least so I said my goodbyes.
Les

If mine hadn't been available off the forecourt, I wouldn't be in a queue waiting for one to arrive. Whilst I understand the current challenges for resource in the car industry, waiting lists of over 6 months are ridiculous and I think manufacturers should be forced to close the order book once they get over 6 months wait.

I've had a friend switch his order from a 5LR to a MG4 as the wait wasn't as long...

If mine hadn't been available off the forecourt, I wouldn't be in a queue waiting for one to arrive. Whilst I understand the current challenges for resource in the car industry, waiting lists of over 6 months are ridiculous and I think manufacturers should be forced to close the order book once they get over 6 months wait.

I've had a friend switch his order from a 5LR to a MG4 as the wait wasn't as long...
You know what I kind off agree with that, and I think it would make some manufacturers chase us instead of us chasing them, I have been lucky about 2 months only I waited for my 5, and the the wife’s 4 only maybe 6 weeks, but some on here have been a year or longer waiting for a ZS ridiculous time lines.

I think it’s been over a year now since we where shown pictures of the updated MG5 it been in Europe for a fair time now but the UK no still selling the old model here.
Les

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom