• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Waylands MG Oxford - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

So far they have been great! I have delt with Louise and she was very upfront with the allocation of MG4s - changed my colour as a result.

I think I spoke to the same lady. Same day call back from email enquiry and transparency in not being able to accommodate my MG4 requirements. First time I've been proactively engaged by someone working for MG. Would have spent my money there if they had the stock.

Whilst it's only a phone call it shows intent. More than I can say for one other dealer that was more interested in selling me add-on services than the car itself.

Very proactive - but only to a point. Now my promised delivery date has come and gone - sighting the software issues on MG4 - and now radio silent. But still advertising availability on the Waylands website… other dealers, I know for certain, have received and delivered their entire MG4 initial allocation this week. I remain hopeful - but concerned.

Very proactive - but only to a point. Now my promised delivery date has come and gone - sighting the software issues on MG4 - and now radio silent. But still advertising availability on the Waylands website… other dealers, I know for certain, have received and delivered their entire MG4 initial allocation this week. I remain hopeful - but concerned.
You need to chase them. I should have done this with my dealer cos now they've bumped me to Oct/Nov list. Were the ones who lose out as there is clearly a line of other ppl willing to take our spot if the order is cancelled.

I am - but not getting any call backs - and I know exactly what you mean - I was previously bumped (to November) by another dealer (after being told I was first to order with them) - and so cancelled immediately as again I had to call them for the news. Waylands assured me my car would be in their first batch (I think I was order number 8 out of the 26 they ‘had’ due in (between the 2 dealerships)) - and I ordered from their color availability list - now not so sure. On the one hand I have had a good ordering experience - and I am not sure Waylands themselves are to blame - it just all seems like a bit of a lottery.

So far they have been great! I have delt with Louise and she was very upfront with the allocation of MG4s - changed my colour as a result.
Louise was extremely professional and polite. She kept in touch with me during my initial contact by email and phone in November 2021.

The management however disappointed me. For the sake of a couple of hundred pounds they wouldn't throw in mats and charger cable.

So I went to my local dealership and they were fantastic and not £200 but gave me £250!!!

I did the deal there and then and paid my deposit on the 4th December 2021.

I'm very happy with my car which luckily was delivered to me on 9th July 2022

Good luck to all of you out there who are still patiently waiting for your car ☺️

Ordered from Wayland's Oxford in Jan 23 after a test drive. Had already completed a lot of prior research about the car and have been running an EV for 18 months so the usual range and charging questions were not a thing.
Louise again who was upfront about lead time for an order and the extra delay for volcano orange (which is what I've ordered).
Usual GAP insurance and G3 protection chat but having been fortunate enough to be able to buy new cars for a few years it's the same information - I will say she delivered the GAP insurance brief very well though.
Not fussed about the G3 as I've had it before and it didn't impress me much, although I've run cars at concourse standard so that might be why.
Had monthly email updates as promised at point of sale, even a no update email. As MG seem to have switched to a similar system to other manufacturers in terms of ordering I've had both an expected handover date and car built email update too.
Hopefully the eventual handover goes as smoothly as the information flow currently is!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom