• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Welcome to the MG HS Plug-in Hybrid forum - MG HS PHEV Information

In the U.K. the ISmart App is only a working feature on the ZS EV ( facelift model - not the original ZS EV ) and the new MG4 just released.
I believe it is also on the MG5 facelift when it arrived in the U.K. ??.
The ISmart App was available on the original ZS EV in Thailand, but NOT the U.K.
Not available on the HS PHEV.
Except in Thailand available on the HS PHEV :)

In the U.K. the ISmart App is only a working feature on the ZS EV ( facelift model - not the original ZS EV ) and the new MG4 just released.
I believe it is also on the MG5 facelift when it arrived in the U.K. ??.
The ISmart App was available on the original ZS EV in Thailand, but NOT the U.K.
Not available on the HS PHEV.
Thanks. Thats a pity - was really hoping it would work.

Hi gang, Nice to be part of this community and to find out useful stuff before I have even got my hands on the car. Collecting this weekend after going to test drive the MG4 and then "accidentally" trying the HS which is in a different league to the MG4 and I decided there and then that I had to have one. Will keep reading all the info here

Morning all,
Anyone else find the rear screen and rear camera get covered in c**p in the wet weather we have had recently?
Seems to be worse on the HS than any other similar hatchbacks or SUV's I've owned.

I assume it is the aerodynamics of the car, but any thoughts on whether rear mud flaps would help reduce the amount of spray kicked up?

Morning all,
Anyone else find the rear screen and rear camera get covered in c**p in the wet weather we have had recently?
Seems to be worse on the HS than any other similar hatchbacks or SUV's I've owned.

I assume it is the aerodynamics of the car, but any thoughts on whether rear mud flaps would help reduce the amount of spray kicked up?
To be honest, I think most of the models are very much the same.
We have a ZS EV LR and it’s the visibility via the rear view camera is not great, when the weather conditions are poor.
Hatchback type cars have this feature, where the road “smuts” is drawn back onto the hatch / tail gate of the car.
When they are travelling along, they seem to create some type of a vortex and drawn the road “smuts” up and deposit it onto the hatch / tailgate.
It is always the dirtiest part of the car in bad weather conditions.
Some VAG group cars had a great cure for this problem, they hid the rear view camera under the VW badge on the tail gate.
The badge would would lift up slightly, when the car was placed into reverse and close again, when forward motion was selected.
This keep the rear camera almost perfectly clean all year round.
The MG badge on the tail gate on the ZS EV could be made to do the same thing really, but it adds cost to the car of course.

Hello everyone. I think this is the introduction thread. I introduce myself from Dos Hermanas (Seville) Spain. I've been watching your forum for a few days. Congratulations for so much work and so good. I hope to have my MG eHS next week. I hope I can contribute something and that my Google translation is enough. Congratulations to all.

Hi
I have had by MG HS Exclusive since Christmas and apart from DAB radio being on a USB i really like it.
The only frustrating thing is i struggle to use the 32 miles of electric each day, my commute to work it 39 miles and the lowest i have managed to get down to is 11 miles left, i want to use it all but keeps cutting back to auto. This maybe to do with temperature's but some times i don't bother charging at work as still have 20 odd miles left when i get there. hopefully in warmer weather its will get better.

You need to keep the heaters low in temp in the car or else the ice keeps kicking in. Wife drives ours so she likes the heat and its not as efficient in winter. Possibly might have to put heater off altogether but not entirely sure as im not in it often

Hello and welcome to the enthusiast's forum for discussing the MG HS PHEV.
View attachment 1901

This forum has been started by an EV owner and advocate in the hope that information, opinions, your experiences, rumours and more will get posted here to inform and entertain folks who want to know more about MG's third car with a plug, the MG HS PHEV.

Official MG resources:
Owners' manual PDF
Hi, just a hello to say
View attachment 1901

This forum has been started by an EV owner and advocate in the hope that information, opinions, your experiences, rumours and more will get posted here to inform and entertain folks who want to know more about MG's third car with a plug, the MG HS PHEV.

Official MG resources:
Owners' manual PDF
Hi Stuart just saying hello and thanks for letting me join your PHEV forum!
I used to be on the MG ZSEV forum but that's another story that i will share soon!
Thanks

Hi everybody, I'm searching the license plate holder what have seen on picture. Somebody knows where can i buy it or similar? Thx
License plate holder.png

View attachment 1901

Official MG resources:
Owners' manual PDF
Hi Stuart, thanks for setting up this forum, I must admit I stumbled upon the HS+EV by accident. I wanted to renew my lease vehicle. I currently drive a Kia Sorento and had had my mind on a Kia Cerato for a about 18 months. Because of my age I was only allowed 3 years of leasing (I'm 77). I duly placed the order for the cerato only to find I was going to have to wait 18+months for delivery. My broker suggested I look at the HS+EV, I did, I took a test drive, apologised to my Sorento and told her she would be Mummy's car now, no way was my wife getting near the MG. A 20 minute drive made me realise that I could fulfil my teenage ambition to drive and own an MG. I live in the Blue Mountains in Australia - lot's of challenging driving conditions then over the other side of the mountains lots of flat plains for me to open up and plant the wellie.

When I first visited my dealer showroom back in 2020, I looked at the HS and the ZS EV,

I preferred the HS because of its size being larger than the ZS but they didn’t off an all electric version so I bought the ZS EV exclusive and have to say I have loved it from day one.

I heard a rumour that MG maybe planning this year to bring out an all electric version of the HS, how true that is I don’t know.

But the HS all electric would be my next choice if it does become available.

G'Day from Sydney,
I am looking forward to pick up an MG Excite PHEV in three days time.
I had a Honda Jazz 2017 from new and have found it perfect for our needs....
mainly local trips with the occasional trip to, say, Bathurst and back (ca 620km)
We have use just on 39,000 km from new so I guessed an EV might be the go for a new car.
We have limited funds as we are retired so could not find a decent one but I came across a 2022 MG Excite with 11,000 km on it for the price we could afford. It was a managers car from our local MG trader.
I have just finished organising the fully comprehensive insurance including hail and windscreen cover with my insurance company and I am paying $5 per month more than the Jazz!
I also have PV on the house roof so charging is essentially free. As 95 RON is between 208c and 245c per litre at present I am looking forward to the fuel saving.
My only practical concern at the moment is lack of spare as anyone will tell you that the road surface in Sydney is terrible.
Is is worth buying a steel rim and tyre for emergencies?
Cheers
Larry

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom