Welcome to the MG HS Plug-in Hybrid forum - MG HS PHEV Information

Sorry, I am not a "Face Book" member, so unable to read the post 🤷‍♂️ .
Out of respect for the source I can't copy text and photos here but the gist of it is that the mirror is on two knuckle joints so apart from the normal adjustment the mirror housing can also be moved up and down. The original poster recommends letting MG do that adjustment though as the joints have snapped for some. Personally it did work perfectly for me.

I think Thailand is one of the 1st countries to get the new facelift HS PHEV

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL2F1LzAvdWQvMTYvODMyNzEvbWdfaHNfcGhldl8xNy5qcGc=.jpg

My one is on order and coming soon

I think Thailand is one of the 1st countries to get the new facelift HS PHEV

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL2F1LzAvdWQvMTYvODMyNzEvbWdfaHNfcGhldl8xNy5qcGc=.jpg

My one is on order and coming soon
It’s a hybrid in another sense now !.
Hybrid in the sense, that the front has been face lifted and looks a little similar to the face lift on the new ZS EV but it has retained a from grill panel.
Displaying it’s PHEV status I guess !.

It’s a hybrid in another sense now !.
Hybrid in the sense, that the front has been face lifted and looks a little similar to the face lift on the new ZS EV but it has retained a from grill panel.
Displaying it’s PHEV status I guess !.
Yep both HS and ZS have had a front and rear tweak :)

I think there are a few other subtle changes more on the software side of things and certainly seem to have ironed out the few negatives I had seen in many UK Youtube reviews on the 2021 HS

I only test drove the 2021 HS PHEV and was happy, obviously

Brilliant find (the mirror fix). Well done for highlighting it. I’ve just checked and adjusted mine - what a difference. Thank you very much.👍

Hi Folks,

Just 24 hours to wait before I pick up my new MG HS Phev! Managed to find a pre-registered model with minimal mileage last week, and can't wait to join the Phev crowd. It'll be my first automatic, so quite a change in style for me. Looking forward to picking up (and sharing!) hints and tips as I go.

Morning, all,
New to the group and, of course, HS PHEV ownership. Ordered the Exclusive back in November and have finally got my delivery date for the end of this month, quite excited! Although, having read some of the threads in this great little community I have a little trepidation about some aspects.
Having had 3 test drives I'm aware of some of the usuals (laggy info system, low speed noise, for example) but as most of you agree, a LOT of car for the money and therefore some little niggles are tolerable.
Looking forward to picking it up and getting into the routine with my first foray into electric/hybrid motoring ☺️

Morning, all,
New to the group and, of course, HS PHEV ownership. Ordered the Exclusive back in November and have finally got my delivery date for the end of this month, quite excited! Although, having read some of the threads in this great little community I have a little trepidation about some aspects.
Having had 3 test drives I'm aware of some of the usuals (laggy info system, low speed noise, for example) but as most of you agree, a LOT of car for the money and therefore some little niggles are tolerable.
Looking forward to picking it up and getting into the routine with my first foray into electric/hybrid motoring ☺️
Well done Cowboy for having 3 test drives, so often complaint derive from not enough "testing" to find out if it is suitable, so often the "extra tech" bemuses people, but then, do should not buy this kind of car, but you have done your homework, and aware of foibles, and may find more, no car, no matter how much you can spend, will have something to question, but I assure you, your very patient long wait will diminish once you start to drive it again, the ACC controls on the stalk will sometimes confuse with indicator, but perciverence prevails, and you will simply love it, and I hope yours is a trouble free car, drive gently at first, it is easy to put your toe down, and it will run away with you, but "run-in" the gears, there's lots of them, get as many changes as poss. , as much as you can run locally on EV only, but it is a good chance to use AUTO, to let the EV/AUTO change "run in", so many complain of drag in gear change, but warm it up , 900 miles recommended by MG on engine, but too much EV will not give it chance before you want to get on motorway to go faster, I get 50ish mpg on auto, many get much less, I think my reasons are why, enjoy your car.

Hi I'm seem to have a issue with my MG HS HYBRID I had for about 3wksnow,at around 65to70mph i start to get vibration through the car I had the wheels rebalance.just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue...

Hi I'm seem to have a issue with my MG HS HYBRID I had for about 3wksnow,at around 65to70mph i start to get vibration through the car I had the wheels rebalance.just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue...
Nope, done about 2000 miles at motorway speeds, no vibration. Back to the dealer methinks.

Congratulations on your purchase and I am sure you will be very happy.
I took delivery of my MG HS phev in exclusive trim at the end of June and gave already completed a road trip around the South Essex and Kent coast and am now in Cornwall for a couple of weeks.
My MG replaced an extremely quick Audi S3 so I was fully aware that there was going to be a considerable change in driving style for me, but so far I'm happy with the change and my wife is extremely happy with the comfort of the MG over the rather hard riding S3!
There are some quirks I'm still getting used to but having completed a fairly long road trip, it seems to me that the charging network for full EV or even PHEV vehicles is still somewhat lacking. On our road trip (admittedly booked before we considered changing cars) not one of the 7 assorted Hotels or Inns or Country Pubs had any form of EV charging facilities. Most of them were in more remote locations where it was impossible to use charging stations in car parks or supermarkets - who wants to go and sit in a car park for several hours whilst your car charges when you are on holiday? Even fairly major tourist attractions such as Dover Castle or Duxford Aerospace museum did not have EV charging facilities where you could charge while visiting the attraction. During the whole week we found only 1 public car park where we could charge up thd car while visiting Deal Castle.
This is one aspect of EV or PHEV ownership which is a significant drawback and charging providers and attractions need to step up their game!

Congratulations on your purchase and I am sure you will be very happy.
I took delivery of my MG HS phev in exclusive trim at the end of June and have already completed a road trip around the South Essex and Kent coast and am now in Cornwall for a couple of weeks.
My MG replaced an extremely quick Audi S3 so I was fully aware that there was going to be a considerable change in driving style for me, but so far I'm happy with the change and my wife is extremely happy with the comfort of the MG over the rather hard riding S3!
There are some quirks I'm still getting used to but having completed a fairly long road trip, it seems to me that the charging network for full EV or even PHEV vehicles is still somewhat lacking. On our road trip (admittedly booked before we considered changing cars) not one of the 7 assorted Hotels or Inns or Country Pubs had any form of EV charging facilities. Most of them were in more remote locations where it was impossible to use charging stations in car parks or supermarkets - who wants to go and sit in a car park for several hours whilst your car charges when you are on holiday? Even fairly major tourist attractions such as Dover Castle or Duxford Aerospace museum did not have EV charging facilities where you could charge while visiting the attraction. During the whole week we found only 1 public car park where we could charge up thd car while visiting Deal Castle.
This is one aspect of EV or PHEV ownership which is a significant drawback and charging providers and attractions need to step up their game!
Does anyone agree?

Hi everyone. I am picking up my EHS tomorrow from the dealer. I have a quick question - does the MG iSmart app work with this car or is it only for the fully EV range of MG?

Hi everyone. I am picking up my EHS tomorrow from the dealer. I have a quick question - does the MG iSmart app work with this car or is it only for the fully EV range of MG?
In the U.K. the ISmart App is only a working feature on the ZS EV ( facelift model - not the original ZS EV ) and the new MG4 just released.
I believe it is also on the MG5 facelift when it arrived in the U.K. ??.
The ISmart App was available on the original ZS EV in Thailand, but NOT the U.K.
Not available on the HS PHEV.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom