Well! This is a new one for me!

bwanamdevu

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
This afternoon, as I was slowing down on the approach to some traffic lights and whilst my dashboard displayed my speed to be 23mph, a mysterious new warning sign popped up.

It stated, “CONDITIONAL SPEED LIMIT EXCEEDED”.

The speed limit at that spot was 30mph, there were no roadworks with reduced speeds imposed and no schools within about half a mile. so what the heck was it implying or telling me? I wonder if anyone else has had this warning sign pop up or can tell me anything about it?

Very mysterious! It is quite common for the camera not to spot return to normal speed limit signs after roadworks (usually because they are covered in mud) but seeing a phantom speed restriction?
I would be tempted to drive over the section to see if it happens again.

Just before I get home there is a section of road where the "conditional speed limit detected" message comes up every time. It is a normal 30Mph zone and I have no idea why it comes up.

Similarly on the dual carriageway A12 near me the derestricted indicator comes up but when I go over 60Mph the sign starts flashing as if the limit has been exceeded.

Sat Nav has not been activated so where does it gets its data from? Reading the signs is not enough as the limits the derestricted road sign indicates varies.

I suspect because the sat nav is off. All the car knows is its national speed limit and your exceeding it, it doesn't know you're on a Dual Carriageway.

Also jealous, my daily commute down the A12 averages 30mph.

I get this frequently, doesn't matter if satnav is on or off. There's been a lot of chat about it, my thinking is perhaps it does get the data from the satnav, and it is therefore out of date, in the absence of any other sources.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom