What a Difference a few Degrees make!

bwanamdevu

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Last week I had to scrape the frost of my MG5LR on several occasions before setting off and the air temperature averaged 3-5C whilst drIving. I averaged 2.4 to 2.8 miles per kwh.

Today just drove to Nottingham and suburbs, a round trip of about 70 miles. The air temp was between 9-11C. Just checked and I ended the trip on 3.6 miles per kWh!

My driving was roughly the same on each occasion, mix of town and longer dual carriageway routes, driving style the same!

My unscientific conclusion, temperature makes a lot of difference! Roll on summer!

Sounds like I will have a bit of an advantage living down here in Cornwall. Definitely doesn't get as cold down here. Only had one frosty morning so far this winter.
I'm awaiting a ZS March/April.

Many moons ago, I lived and worked in Sweden for a while, experiencing winter temps of -13C every morning! I wonder what those sort of conditions do to the expected mileage and to your miles per kwh!

Many moons ago, I lived and worked in Sweden for a while, experiencing winter temps of -13C every morning! I wonder what those sort of conditions do to the expected mileage and to your miles per kwh!
Have a look on youtube for Bjorn Nyland, he does ev testing in Norway. Range tests are one of his things.

Last week I had to scrape the frost of my MG5LR on several occasions before setting off and the air temperature averaged 3-5C whilst drIving. I averaged 2.4 to 2.8 miles per kwh.

Today just drove to Nottingham and suburbs, a round trip of about 70 miles. The air temp was between 9-11C. Just checked and I ended the trip on 3.6 miles per kWh!

My driving was roughly the same on each occasion, mix of town and longer dual carriageway routes, driving style the same!

My unscientific conclusion, temperature makes a lot of difference! Roll on summer!
I concur.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom