What Apps do people use?

RichardC

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
In anticipation of my new arrival I have downloaded the following Apps.

Carcharge - gives me access to the D2N2 network which provides Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire residents with reduced rates.

BP Pulse

Instavolt - this seems a very simple system. You par, plug in and pay with a contactless debit/credit card.

Ecotricity - I have not yet read anything positive about these.

Pod Point - I have found several free chargers using this app.

I have also downloaded Zap Map, A better route planner and Plugshare to help plan journeys.

No doubt I will use some of these apps more than others but if anyone has any other suggestions then please suggest them.
Thanks

Do you intend to use the D2N2 network much, i was put off by the £20 annual fee for the card then 20p KW, there are plenty of free chargers around.

I used the Home paid for it to get the free month and 18% discount on osprey.

Also get a 12.5% discount on BP.

These only benefit you if you going tot use them a lot.

Do you intend to use the D2N2 network much, i was put off by the £20 annual fee for the card then 20p KW, there are plenty of free chargers around.
Probably not as I have decided that I am going to get a home charger. I only downloaded the App as the the nearest fast charger to me was at the local civic centre on the D2N2 network. I won’t need it now and as you said there are plenty of free ones around. This whole process is a voyage of discovery and I am on a rapid learning curve.

Probably not as I have decided that I am going to get a home charger. I only downloaded the App as the the nearest fast charger to me was at the local civic centre on the D2N2 network. I won’t need it now and as you said there are plenty of free ones around. This whole process is a voyage of discovery and I am on a rapid learning curve.
Yes i agree it's a journey of fast learning but it's a very enjoyable one that makes all the difficulties encountered a lesson well learnt and never repeated. The best thing you can do is to go for a home charger then switch to octopus go tariff for your electricity, you can then charge for 4 hours every night for 5p Kwh. It makes it so cheap to recharge it becomes a joke when you consider what a saving it is over an ICE. I would offer you a code for £50 added to your and my octopus account for switching but there are plenty of people already touting codes if you want one, I'm happy enough with my total household savings since switching to octopus, as a heavy electric using family it has been a big bill cut even with the EV. Best of luck on your journey of discovery.

When out and about I prefer the more reliable chargers - in my case this includes InstaVolt and BP Pulse. I have found ZapMap to be helpful in locating chargers, but it is not always up to date on whether they are working or not. Chargers out of service is the biggest frustration - there’s nothing worse that turning up only to find you cannot get any charge out of it! I also carry a RFID card for GeniePoint, only because using the app is not so reliable as the card and at present I can access a fast charger on this network for free (I know it won’t last!!!)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom