• Total voters

Bricktop X PWR

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Yesterday I undertook a car.

Today, a member picked me up on it.
I've not got a problem with that and have been looking for a reason to start a poll, so here we go! 👍🤣

I've been illegally undertaking people for years m8. That car was turning right at the upcoming round about, which by the way, was about 350 meters away.

Do you think the police will bother him for,
A, doing 50mph when the road is clearly a 70mph stretch, or
B, Hogging the outside lane, way before the upcoming manoeuvre.

Happy for people to do 50 if they wish but also happy they should use the correct lane.
Can you picture the scene in which what the law says, is actually put into practice?

I would have to sit just slightly back from that car, on the inside lane, at 50mph and wait for him to start his manoeuvre onto the roundabout,

or stay in the outside lane, flash the inconsiderate twonk out of the way, so I could get on with my life.

I've been driving since 1985, (Professionally, HGV1 since 1990) and well understand the chasm between folk in driving ability and experience on our road network.

I'm ex Army, and have a tendency to "act"
Maybe, the car did not turn right at the roundabout?
Maybe, they just didn't know or didn't care which lane they should be in?
Maybe they were elderly?
Maybe they were drunk?
Maybe they were more interested in their phone or tuning the radio?
Maybe they were picking their nose? Maybe they just didn't give a "f e c k" about anybody else on the road?
What I do know, is that I haven't the time or inclination to find out and just "act".

It really is just, years and years of being on the road and trying to meet a deadline or trying to get a shift done in the 13 hours it is supposed to take, and not the 15 it is likely to.
I bet you didn't expect that this morning?🤣

Just for you m8, I will upload the front camera to YouTube now so you can see what I am saying.

He'll it might even be half a K!

You are welcome to start a post if you like m8 and test opinions? I am far too long in the tooth to worry or care, about what anybody else thinks. Or am I?

I mean I've probably just lost 20 minutes of my life that I will never get back replying to you! 🤣🤣🤣 Have a great day M8 👍

Last edited:
I have replied 'undertaken'. Unlike your actions I may have given them an opportunity first to pull over before doing so but if they didn't I would deffo undertake there.

I can understand your frustration, and Highway Code Rule 137 states that you should stay in the left hand lane unless overtaking or turning right., and as the car was not indicating to turn right, they were at fault.

However, Rule 268 says quite emphatically do not overtake on the left, or move to a lane on your left to overtake.

Two wrongs don't make a right unfortunately.

I have replied 'undertaken'. Unlike your actions I may have given them an opportunity first to pull over before doing so but if they didn't I would deffo undertake there.
Agreed Gomev.
Normally, (honest) I am a considerate and patient driver on the whole.
But in that instance, was dealing with a kick of adrenalin, and just took the easiest opportunity presented to me.

Oh and edit, I of course can't guarantee it, but if I had stayed behind, I reckon the Peugeot would have undertook the both of us!!!🤣

Last edited:
I can understand your frustration, and Highway Code Rule 137 states that you should stay in the left hand lane unless overtaking or turning right., and as the car was not indicating to turn right, they were at fault.

However, Rule 268 says quite emphatically do not overtake on the left, or move to a lane on your left to overtake.

Agreed 👍

If you stay in the left lane, are you overtaking? Or are you simply passing on the left because your lane is moving faster than the right lane? ;)

I would be more worried about you going through the 30 zone and still hit the roundabout at 50mph according to the dash cam footage. I appreciate there may be a delay in the readout. :)
Do you know what @gus, there is sadly, a massive lag in the GPS readout, so it definitely cannot be trusted, and would be useless in a court of law 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Me too m8.
I know it's illegal, but people seem to be so busy doing anything at all, bar concentrating on the act of driving, that I don't wait to see if they will move over anymore.
I just get on with my own life and move on.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom