Where is the UNBIND icon in the iSmart app?

On Vehicle Status screen press ZS EV on top of the screen. That will take you to Vehicle Management screen.
There is Unbind button/link there.

Was too scared to press it... 🤣
Screenshot_20230516-133025_MG iSMART.jpg
Screenshot_20230516-133018_MG iSMART.jpg

There are a few threads on this.

There are a few threads on this.
Thanks GadgetGeek. Is that From Somerset or Frome Somerset? (I used to live in the Chew Valley).

Mark was able to look at my account and suggest that I use the telephone number as against 7sing my email address, and it worked.

If you go to the top right hand corner and search for Miles Roberts you should be able to contact him via this method.
My question would be how do they cancel a binded car when the sell the car on too a new owner, there must be a simple method.

Thanks Forestedge (you sound rather Robin Hood-like). I don't see any future in contacting a dealer I didn't buy from and must persevere with Caffyns Ashford Kent. What I see from the posts kindly aggregated for me by Gadgetgeek is there are iSmart app problems all over the MG EV range and that sudden loss of function is pretty common (what happened to me, no known reason, no known cure). I've been able to get by without knowing vehicle charge status because the in-car/on-screen charge set up for overnight off peak at either 80% or 100% works just by plugging in the cable. But when I'm abroad I'd like to monitor from 2 streets away so I don't block a public charger. I fear, however, that the dealer will not solve the problem - the Caffyns service manager said 'We've had lots of problems with radios in EV and petrol MGs and they are software-related.' Thanks again.

The icon looks like a broken chain-link - I can't find the damn thing anywhere. The ZS screen tells me it's in the app.
GOOD NEWS: the dealer, Caffyns, Ashford Kent, had the tech team "completely split the phone and the car remotely"; I connected as I would a brand new car and BINGO! iSmart works now. I've been without the app since December 2022 and when charging from home (most of the time) I can handle it but when on public chargers being able to monitor progress while wandering the town is v helpful. Thanks to Oliver Marshall at Caffyns and the unseen tech team.

The icon looks like a broken chain-link - I can't find the damn thing anywhere. The ZS screen tells me it's in the app.
Hi MG EV owners. The problem was solved (iSmart refused to unbind the car so I could then rebind it). Caffyns (Ashford Kent) tech dept forcibly (their word) separated my phone no from the car (how? Lord knows) and invited me (trembling fingers) to reconnect the iSmart app as if the car were new. It worked (QR code to bind read in a trice, all functions of app restored). And it's still working. I don't know how to close a thread on the Forum but now it can be closed. Post script: why couldn't the dealer I bought my ZS LR from (not Caffyns) have done the same thing? Mechanics have always had to problem-solve and it's the same with BEVs. Thanks to all Forum members who offered their help.

Just been to outer Hebrides with my MG4, car brilliant - Holiday Inn Washington, charger laying horizontal on the floor, not happy, - A1 shut overnight very long detour, - A17 again totally shut down, but after a 15 hour journey we are home.

Thanks to the Bxxxxxx who threw a brick from a bridge and hit our windscreen, the police were quick on the seen but again the car was brilliant no cracked windscreen. Its a long way from Norfolk, but brilliant weather and great hosts made it a happy holiday.

stupid question probably, but if you change your phone, do you also have to umnbind and bind again, or is this tied to the phone number?

@alekssir I recently changed my iPhone to a newer one, and everything just transferred over in the usual way. However, I don’t have any experience of what happens if you change to a completely different make of phone if your apps have to be downloaded again.

@alekssir I recently changed my iPhone to a newer one, and everything just transferred over in the usual way. However, I don’t have any experience of what happens if you change to a completely different make of phone if your apps have to be downloaded again.
On your new phone, did you just donloaded the MG iSmart app and logged in with your nphone and number and the car was there, or you had to bind the car again from the new phone, using the QR code?

Your iSmart account is on a server. You can access it from any device as long as you have your log in information.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom