Which route planning/charging planning apps are worth subscribing to?

DB00nowthen

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
For route/charge planning, of the apps that have a subscription—Zapmap and ABRP are the ones I’ve downloaded and played around with—which if any do people think worth paying the monthly or yearly subscription and why?

I have subscribed to ABRP just for the months as and when I need it for any journey which exceeds the range of our ZS, which has mostly been holidays and overnight stays.

Reasoning; So it works with CarPlay and connects with my OBD2 dongle.

I’ve not found Zapmap as user friendly, but that just me not taking time to get to know the app once I had started using ABRP.

Last edited:
I have subscribed to ABRP just for the months as and when I need it for any journey which exceed the range of the car.

Reasoning;, so it works with CarPlay and connects with my OBD2 dongle.

I’ve not found Zapmap user friendly, but that just me not taking time to get to know the app once I had started using ABRP.
Thanks. My initial impression of ABRP is that it is more useful. But not used it on the long road yet. I’ll try a month sub for my trip this week.

Zapmap has recently been updated so maybe different to last time you used it.
The Electroverse app is user friendly since the last update.

I've not found one that seems to pick up all chargers. Google maps, set to search on EV chargers seems one of the best. Otherwise Electroverse and Plugshare should be considered.

I wouldn't 'subscribe' to any of them. Get to know your car's capabilities and use the free versions of apps like zapmap and plugshare to look for chargers on your proposed route if you are going somewhere you are not familiar with. If you drive a lot of routes that are not familiar to you this is enough to get you where you need to go. Google maps is good for finding chargers but the others are useful for letting you know if it's online and free (not infallible ofc).

If you are an Octopus customer then Electroverse is a very good option. The app works well and you get a discount. Also you do not get pre-card charges. It seems to work well in Europe too.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom