• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Which type 2 cable ?

Barney

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Dealer wants £189 for one. I see them on eBay for as little as £120, but I guess there can be huge variation in quality. Does anyone have any particular recommendation - and is it worth going for the extra weight and bulk of a 10M one ?

Certainly worth looking at a 10 meter cable incase the EV bay is ice'd and then you can park next to it.
Just make sure you get one rated at 32A

Amazon have a Max green cable that is slightly cheaper than the dealer's but I am not sure if it is any better than eBay. I also need a cable but not sure where to buy from. It still plays havoc with my head understanding how a bit if cable can be so expensive.

In fairness, there's quite a bit of copper in those cables.
I replaced the tethered cable on my 5 year old wall box earlier this year.
The cable had become a little twisted up in a couple of area's.
After I replaced it, I decided to inspect the old cable inside.
The main thicker cables are made up of very very fine multi strand copper conductors.
I guess this helps to provide a bit more flexibility for coiling up the cable around the wall box.
My cable was badly twisted but the internal cores where still in pretty good shape.
The individual conductors used does look like high quality.
The two signal ( comm's ) lines, are extremely small of course.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom