Wrong delivery address from Ali Express

Vipar

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Bought and paid for some accessories from AE they have sent me a posted order email.

The problem is they have cocked up my address I live in Bexley Kent
They have mixed up my address details they have my name correct and my street name and house number correct and my DA53HT correct. But they have sent it to Bath Somerset.
I have contacted them they say it’s my mistake I have lived at my current address for 35 years.

So check they have your correct address details as they don’t want to deal with my complaint. Needless to say I will not be dealing with them again. £25 down the drain 😭😭😭😭

Edit I have had 2 slices of humble pie yuk🤮🤮

Last edited:
Sounds like our very own Royal Mail could have done better too.

I use Ali Express a lot and never had anything go missing yet, in fact the postie dropped off three parcels from them today!!

They aren't as cheap as they used to be though, so on the smallish items I usually buy I'm often prepared to spend a few bob extra for a quicker UK supply, if available.

I had a similar issue ... during the order process you enter your address details but it doesn't have an option for City. It's only when you get to the final stage (after selecting Country) that the City field appears. I didn't notice it so it defaulted to Aberdeen City for me. 🙄

Fortunately I was able to message the seller via Aliexpress and get the address corrected before they shipped, and the goods arrived fine - and a lot quicker than I expected. (I've also updated my address on Aliexpress to stop this happening again).

I spoke with the Royal Mail parcel department at Bath today and they said “ let it play out and see what happens “ No Carisbrooke Ave in Bath. So if they use the post code I should get my order. But I won’t use AE again the stress is too much.

The postcode system is quite ingenious really, house number/name and the code is all that is needed. Even accepted as being enough on a dog tag to comply with requirements in some cases and a lot easier to fit in a small space.

In our previous house which was new we occasionally got wrong deliveries due to the incorrect (but similar) street name. The postcode invariably identified the correct place. Ours was CO6, theirs CO4 and often down to sloppy writing.

whatthreewords always impresses me. It covers the world, in 3 metre square spaces or something like that. Not quite as transparent and obvious as a postcode though, which also works really well.

Well sponge me down with a wet lettuce. My parcel arrived from AE today.
I suppose I had better get the tomato sauce out to put on my humble pie🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧
There is 1 item still to arrive 🤞🤞🤞🤞
Funnily enough mine did too and I'd forgotten to put my house number on the address. Luckily for me it was the regular the post-lady and not Parcel Force as she recognised my name and knew where I lived.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom