EVsince2016

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
For fun I started looking at my driving records (own car only - not dodgy hire car at some distant land) - UK based only. I aim for my MG5 to win as many as possible (of my cars)!

I'm doing: -

• furthest North= 59.0 Dounby Orkney @5teep
  • furthest East = 1.83 Eurotunnel @EVsince2016
  • furthest West = -9.07 Nazare Portugal @EVsince2016
  • furthest South = 36.01 Tarifa Spain @EVsince2016
  • most countries / independent territories with own country code = 8 @EVsince2016
  • most miles abroad (excludes within UK) = 8191 @EVsince2016
  • most overseas trips =
  • longest day trip = 624.9 miles @EVsince2016
  • longest single A-B trip (night stops only) = 1367 miles @EVsince2016
  • most ownership miles =
  • highest altitude = 2408m Andorra @EVsince2016
  • owned an EV since = 3/6/2016 @EVsince2016
  • longest owned =

Any other ideas?

What are your records, perhaps we could see who has done the most in each category! EV only & I'll update this page.

Last edited:
Furthest south, Portslade. (Caliban got to look at the English Channel.) You wouldn't be interested in any of the rest, except the furthest west (Isle of Cumbrae) did involve a ferry crossing.

There is some talk of Brussels next year, if the theatre there manages to complete its Ring cycle. Drive solo to Northampton, stay over with friends (who have a couple of type 2 posts five minutes walk from their house, how lucky is that), load them (the friends that is, not the chargers) in the car next morning and head for the Chunnel, and take it from there.

If that goes well, Bayreuth the following year maybe. If someone has slit the throat of that Valentin Schwarz production by then, anyway. We did it in my 1.1L Fiesta in 1985, so why the hell not?

North = Dounby on Orkney
West = Hosta on North Uist
East = Peterhead
I toured Orkney in a camper van once, was very impressed with the place!

Surely some of these "records" are relative? Lands End for @EVsince2016 (for example) would be a much lesser achievement than for @Rolfe or myself. :)
Its all relative! In Petrol cars I've done Oslo for north & Stockholm for east via the Harwich - Gothenburg DFDS ferry.

My aim is simply to break my Petrol & Diesel car records with hopefully some fun & a bit of competition!

Glyn Hudson drove his ENV camper van to Greece mid winter, so I'm not high of the craziness. Others do some really epic trips in their EVs, just thought I'd have some fun 'competing' with myself :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom