Zap Map equivalent for France

Padaung

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi Everyone,

We are at the start of planning our first foreign EV road-trip! The plan is the do a family skiiing trip to the Franch Alps in February.

Total distance from our home to the destination is 810 miles. We have an MG 5 EV (standard range model, which is realistically 190miles/full charge in spring/autumn weather conditions).

Anyway, does anyone have recommendations for the equivalent of Zap Map for France?

Thanks in advance :)

Awesome, thanks. Installed all the apps you suggested, will have a play and see which I prefer.

I also found this blog post on Zap Map, which provides an account of their experience driving on the continent, but annoyingly doesn't say which apps they used instead of Zap Map 😔

Anyway, due to it being mentioned in the blog post I'm making an account with Ionity.

As a French resident , I use abrp, chargemap, izivia, sygic and chargeprice to find chargers ( bornes).
It then depends if you want your hols trip to be slower and cheaper or faster and dearer. As with ICE, the motorway services (Ionity) are v expensive. With good pre-plan, you can find chargers near some exits of the motorway with significant savings.
Do NOT expect to use non contact debit cards, as most are out of order so get at least one RFID
Btw, France has just declared that winter tyres are obligatory in certain departments over the winter, so check before you go what visitors have to do!

As a French resident , I use abrp, chargemap, izivia, sygic and chargeprice to find chargers ( bornes).
It then depends if you want your hols trip to be slower and cheaper or faster and dearer. As with ICE, the motorway services (Ionity) are v expensive. With good pre-plan, you can find chargers near some exits of the motorway with significant savings.
Do NOT expect to use non contact debit cards, as most are out of order so get at least one RFID
Btw, France has just declared that winter tyres are obligatory in certain departments over the winter, so check before you go what visitors have to do!
Thank you cog16, very useful info.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom