“Radio Module Disconnected” - ZS EV (2021)

Michael A

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
In 2 years, the radio of my ZS EV (2021) shows for the 2nd time “Radio Module Disconnected” meaning that once again I have no radio.
MG Service Dept advised me Quote I'm Afraid the vehicle will need to be booked in for Diagnostic testing . There is a hard reset that can be done but that will not sort the long term fault. Unquote

Any ideas please? And is their comment “long term fault” acceptable for a 2 year new car?

Thank you in advance.

Disconnect the negative clamp terminal from the post, on the 12 volt battery under the bonnet, with a 10 mm spanner.
Leave the lead disconnected and clear from the battery post for 10 minutes, then reconnect the terminal and tighten the clamp with the 10mm spanner 🔧.
Your radio should now return !.

Disconnect the negative clamp terminal from the post, on the 12 volt battery under the bonnet, with a 10 mm spanner.
Leave the lead disconnected and clear from the battery post for 10 minutes, then reconnect the terminal and tighten the clamp with the 10mm spanner 🔧.
Your radio should now return !.
Many thanks for the advice! Reverting.

Many thanks for the advice! Reverting.
Are you back up a running again ?.
A full 12 volt system reboot is always the first port of call in situations like this.
It can prevent waiting for an appointment at the dealership, leaving it there ALL day, for them to do the same thing and return the car 🚙.

Not yet because I’m away for a few days (we took our wife’s petrol car) but definitely I’ll try what you have suggested. Thanks again.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom