“Seatbelt” warning?

D

Deleted member 2439

Ok, so another funny is the “seatbelt” warning/reminder symbol that comes up as you start up & drive off. It doesn’t go off when the seatbelts are fastened, but after a short time - say 20 seconds or so. Anyone else have this?

I think it goes off if you press the "OK" button on the steering wheel.

Ok, so another funny is the “seatbelt” warning/reminder symbol that comes up as you start up & drive off. It doesn’t go off when the seatbelts are fastened, but after a short time - say 20 seconds or so. Anyone else have this?
Yes I do as well. Was a bit concerned at first, spent ages fiddling with the belts to make sure they were clipped in OK. Just used to it now.

Looks like this is sorted now. It doesn’t seem to go off when OK is pressed, but I’m not the only one who has it go off after a while - so, although a tad irritating, this issue is “resolved”.

We don't use the rear seats much..but leave all 3 seatbelts plugged in. That helps with the warning lights.

My rear belt buckles have got 3 dog harness attachments left plugged in so mine don't come on.

You’d think that a car with this amount of tech would also have seat occupancy detection, its easily enough implemented and would solve this “false alarm” situation......

The problem is, all this stuff doesn't cost much...but it all adds to the complexity and ultimate cost.

I remember a talking to a Ford engineer once and he told me that they modified the fixing method of some little cover....we gone from 6 screws to 4...he proudly said! So what says I ?...well we make 10,000 of these cars a year, so that's 20,000 screws we don't need to buy, stock or fit.......:rolleyes:..

The problem is, all this stuff doesn't cost much...but it all adds to the complexity and ultimate cost.

I remember a talking to a Ford engineer once and he told me that they modified the fixing method of some little cover....we gone from 6 screws to 4...he proudly said! So what says I ?...well we make 10,000 of these cars a year, so that's 20,000 screws we don't need to buy, stock or fit.......:rolleyes:..
I understand that, but the point I’m making is that they have essentially chosen to have the car showing an alert/false alarm message for the 99.99% or so of the time that all three rear seats are in use. This reminds me of my 1984 Sierra that brought up a similar “reminder” light for about 20 seconds after the ignition was started - and regardless of whether you had buckled up or not. I suspect that Ford did that as seat belts had only fairly recently been compulsory to wear then and it could be argued that the light was a memory jogger for people. It is what it is ........

Thats 0.00001 % saved. It all adds up...:D

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom