⚡️INTERMITTENT FAN⚡️

Ian MG5

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all
My son has a 2020 MG ZS Exclusive
The problem is that the hvac fan switches off and then has to be manually turned back on any ideas
Also it maybe a good thing but when starting up the kers always comes on 3
Cheers
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

when starting up the kers always comes on 3
That's normal. But the HVAC should remember if it's turned on.

Are you saying it forgets that it was turned on last time, or that it turns off while driving?

My Mark I tends to forget the AM radio channels (maybe you don't even have those in the UK), and sometimes will start on FM when I last (and really only) used AM. Just an annoyance.

Wasn't there something about a resistor in the fan on here ?

That's normal. But the HVAC should remember if it's turned on.

Are you saying it forgets that it was turned on last time, or that it turns off while driving?
Hi

My Mark I tends to forget the AM radio channels (maybe you don't even have those in the UK), and sometimes will start on FM when I last (and really only) used AM. Just an annoyance.
Hi while driving after a while the fan turns off and had to be turned back on manually

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't there something about a resistor in the fan on here ?
Perhaps this, which does sound very relevant:

Post in thread 'MG ZS EV - AC randomly stops, does anyone else have issues?' MG ZS EV - AC randomly stops, does anyone else have issues?

I have to say I'm a bit shocked that the blower fan uses an inefficient resistor for slower speeds. Unless that heatsinked device is actually PWMing the motor. But then I would think it would need a much smaller heatsink.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom