Ian MG5

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all
Just a tip I’d like to pass on
Some of you may do this anyway
If the car (especially the exclusive with it leather look seats) is sat in the sun all day the seats get a little warm shall we say 😂😂😂
I go out 5 mins before I want to travel open the windows and the boot to let the hot air out then I move the front seats forward turn on the air conditioning on full to the floor and the face vents and point the vents one at the seat back then the other at the seat base
Give it a couple of minutes like this and the seats are nice and cool
I put it on the floor vent to cool the back seat area the best it can
It may use a bit of battery but it’s worth it
Hope this helps
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Good tip, and I'm glad you said it was a tip and didn't call it a hack. :D I always thought a hack was something you did with a saw, a computer or a horse....take your pick.

I am finding the tinted windows are providing enormous protection in sunshine. If the car is facing into the sun the heat through the front windscreen is bum burning hot. However back of car to the sun, car is very bearable.
Yesterday I parked in a car park with rear facing to the south, came back 3 hours later after full sun on the car and got in with no problems at all, seats and car temperature were warm but fine.

I leave my windows open all day at work, when I leave I put the Aircon on and put the windows up once it is kicking out the ice 🥶

I leave my windows open all day at work, when I leave I put the Aircon on and put the windows up once it is kicking out the ice 🥶
Just be careful leaving windows down unless secure. I checked my insurance and if windows left open insurance not covered. How they would know though is another matter 🤣

I bought a windscreen reflector thingy as all the other windows are tinted - it doesn't necessarily keep the inside temperature cooler but stops direct sunlight from heating the seats. Trick is remembering to put it up 🤷‍♂️

Side window tint looks darker than actually are due to black interior of windscreen reflector

90DB22AA-2EB0-46E8-9D6B-7B393A4A0BF3.jpeg

My work carpark is a bit hidden off the beaten track. I don't lock it either but it's in front of the windows.
I had some equipment stolen off my van in the 15 minutes I was away from it, and I was parked down a 70yard drive 20 feet in front of a ground floor office block not viewable from the road!

I had some equipment stolen off my van in the 15 minutes I was away from it, and I was parked down a 70yard drive 20 feet in front of a ground floor office block not viewable from the road!
Darned office workers will nick anything if it's not nailed down, paper clips, post it notes....equipment. 😂

I bought a windscreen reflector thingy as all the other windows are tinted - it doesn't necessarily keep the inside temperature cooler but stops direct sunlight from heating the seats. Trick is remembering to put it up 🤷‍♂️

Side window tint looks darker than actually are due to black interior of windscreen reflector

View attachment 10213
Where did you buy the windscreen deflector?

I've started draping a 4.5tog duvet over the front seat backs, makes them more comfortable and cooler, the backs mainly, the squabs sometimes get warm though...

Nothing says "I'm not going to be back for ages" like screen reflectors.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom