😡🤬 Absolutely fuming 😡🤬

I Completely agree, the main problem here is MG not being able to supply cars at anywhere near the "demand rate".

From what i have heard the supply problem into the factories are not as big a factor anymore, so the only reason they do not keep up with demand is because they produce to few.

And then they release a new model, that is also going to need components and production lines, when they can not keep up with demand on their existing cars.

Absolutely silly, would have been a lot better if the additional production lines were focused on catching up with the waiting line for the existing cars.

I fear that the August 2023 delivery date i have on my contract is going to be pushed back, and i have to say, that in the EV market, more than a year, maybe 1½-2 years is a long time.

If something else comes around before i take delivery of the ZS EV, i am going to jump ship, and just get that, i bet that in late 2023, there will be even better cars with even better batteries and so on.

Making people wait a whole year, is likely to get people so annoyed that they just go somewhere else.

I know that right now all the other places you can go, also has waiting lines, but again, from what i am hearing the component shortage is not that bad anymore, so maybe other manufacturers will be able to increase production and make cars that you can actually get in a short time.

A year is not unusual with current car lead times. If you jump somewhere else, unless you have a stock order, likely you have the same problem.

My issue with the wait has been the way the estimates have been handled, constantly pushing the dates back, knowing full well they couldn't be met. Add to that dealers that have sold cars on the open market with waiting customers and the lack of information from MG on it.

On your speculation about prioritising the newer MG4 - I think it's likely more complicated than you make out. What you have to bear in mind about that car is that it is a completely different platform. Lines building those cars will be very different and I highly doubt there was priority of that over the MG ZS. I wouldn't be surprised if they were built in a different location.

I read that the MG4 is built in a different factory entirely. However, it could be that the 4 is taking priority for shipping.

I’ve just received a phone call from my dealership; Drive MG Darlington, to advise me that the finance deal I have in place for my yet-to-arrive MG ZS Trophy can no longer be honoured as ‘the financial market has changed significantly’ since signing the agreement & Santander can no longer offer the rate anymore.

So now, if I want to keep the car on order, I have to agree to the increase in rate to 7.9% APR.

I have absolutely no comeback on the deal whatsoever. It cannot be challenged. 🤷🏻‍♂️

At the moment I feel like telling them to stick the car where the sun doesn’t shine, but I know I will be in exactly the same boat if I go elsewhere, including an extended wait time for a new order…

Feel kinda between a rock & a hard place. But very pissed off 😤

Feel like I’m paying an extra for their incompetence 😡🤬
Hello, I’m new on here. Just wondering, as they have made changes, are you not within your rights to go elsewhere for finance? I went out to the market and got a 2.3% deal. Not sure where you stand though.

Hello, I’m new on here. Just wondering, as they have made changes, are you not within your rights to go elsewhere for finance? I went out to the market and got a 2.3% deal. Not sure where you stand though.
You can cancel a PCP immediately it is set up. I was actually going to do this and pay it off with cash immediately. I did ithe PCP to get £1500 contribution ( ie money off). But with the interest rate hike and the one due at the beginning of next month, I will get the same on a fix rate savings as I am paying. I will split it 2 deposits. One for myself, one for the wife. Thus I have got a free hedge against the market value falling below the already agreed PCP minimum trade in value.

Same call today from MG Darlington. Pretty fed up too
I was told MG changed the rate not the finance company and offered an MG4

Last edited:
I just took ownership of my ZS EV 2022 Essence spec here in NZ. I ordered it back in March 2022 and received it last week. The price had gone up here nationally a $1000 by October but the dealer honoured the lower price on the agreement I signed initially, and MG charged nothing for the blue paint which was originally priced at $500.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that - it happened to me too. I calculated out what it meant to me in 'real terms' and on my deal it was about £1k. If it is any consolation, the car is fabulous and very much worth it.

I’ve just received a phone call from my dealership; Drive MG Darlington, to advise me that the finance deal I have in place for my yet-to-arrive MG ZS Trophy can no longer be honoured as ‘the financial market has changed significantly’ since signing the agreement & Santander can no longer offer the rate anymore.

So now, if I want to keep the car on order, I have to agree to the increase in rate to 7.9% APR.

I have absolutely no comeback on the deal whatsoever. It cannot be challenged. 🤷🏻‍♂️

At the moment I feel like telling them to stick the car where the sun doesn’t shine, but I know I will be in exactly the same boat if I go elsewhere, including an extended wait time for a new order…

Santander rate should be 5.9% right now. Sounds like they have given you the Black Horse rate. I would challenge it.

Hi Cloggsy

Did the dealership mention anything about the affinity discount on the car? Are Mg still honouring the discount?

As I have been informed that MG are no longer honouring any affinity discounts previously agreed.

Thanks

I just took ownership of my ZS EV 2022 Essence spec here in NZ. I ordered it back in March 2022 and received it last week. The price had gone up here nationally a $1000 by October but the dealer honoured the lower price on the agreement I signed initially, and MG charged nothing for the blue paint which was originally priced at $500.
I ordered in March too as soon as I saw the announcement, hopefully the next boat arrives before the end of the year... Haven't heard anything about the credit towards the charger either.

Hi Cloggsy

Did the dealership mention anything about the affinity discount on the car? Are Mg still honouring the discount?

As I have been informed that MG are no longer honouring any affinity discounts previously agreed.

Thanks
Yes, the Affinity discount & price are still in place…

So, we should get granny charger & type 2 charging cable included… They’re also going to throw in the mats for free - very generous 😬😩

Although, I have read somewhere that some customers have already been advised of further delays in ZS’s arriving 😳😡

Yes. 100%, but I still think it is shocking that through no fault of my own I am being penalised. When I made the deal, it was made in good faith, now, because it suits them, they see fit to change it… It is not my fault MG are experiencing supply chain issues 🤦🏻‍♂️😤
Equally it isn't MG's fault that Santander are not willing to honour the rate quoted because of late deliveries and the change in the financial market. I ordered mine in November 21 at 4.9 and luckily in June when I took delivery, they honoured the 4.9, but this was before the chancellor destroyed the interest rates

Have you tried MG Middlesbrough ? Im sure they had one on display when i was in yesterday just couldnt sware as to which model

Feel like I’m paying an extra for their isorry
I Completely agree, the main problem here is MG not being able to supply cars at anywhere near the "demand rate".

From what i have heard the supply problem into the factories are not as big a factor anymore, so the only reason they do not keep up with demand is because they produce to few.

And then they release a new model, that is also going to need components and production lines, when they can not keep up with demand on their existing cars.

Absolutely silly, would have been a lot better if the additional production lines were focused on catching up with the waiting line for the existing cars.

I fear that the August 2023 delivery date i have on my contract is going to be pushed back, and i have to say, that in the EV market, more than a year, maybe 1½-2 years is a long time.

If something else comes around before i take delivery of the ZS EV, i am going to jump ship, and just get that, i bet that in late 2023, there will be even better cars with even better batteries and so on.

Making people wait a whole year, is likely to get people so annoyed that they just go somewhere else.

I know that right now all the other places you can go, also has waiting lines, but again, from what i am hearing the component shortage is not that bad anymore, so maybe other manufacturers will be able to increase production and make cars that you can actually get in a short time.
sorry to hear that, I took out a Nationwide loan at 2.8% in May and have it earning interest while waiting for delivery. Maybe you can shop around for a better deal.

It'll be happening with everything financial....

I have been told about the same issue for my car which will appear sometime after new year...

The car is ideal for what I need it for (work related), just hoping it doesn't push the price to a level I don't want to pay for.. ( I get a car allowance, but also having to pay on top). All other suitable cars had a higher price

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom