Sensible answers please๐Ÿ˜‚
No itโ€™s not an
Ejector seat button
A range extender
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Cheers
Ian
๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

I noticed that when plugging the OBD connector in - canโ€™t help with its function though. Assumed it was a sensor of some sort and then forgot about it! Interested to know itโ€™s purpose though.

Could it deactivate the interior alarm sensors so if you have a dog in the back it does not keep tripping the alarm?

Hi all
I was cleaning the car today and came across this button type thing
View attachment 7976
It pushes in about a 1/2 millimetre and pops back out
Is a button or a rivet that is holding the dash together
No itโ€™s not an
Ejector seat button
A range extender
Cheers
Ian
looks like the interior temperature sensor to me

Hi all
I was cleaning the car today and came across this button type thing
View attachment 7976
It pushes in about a 1/2 millimetre and pops back out
Is a button or a rivet that is holding the dash together
No itโ€™s not an
Ejector seat button
A range extender
Cheers
Ian
How strange mine has that too. Is it a sensor for the alarm incase someone brakes in? I wonder if it flashes a little at night

How strange mine has that too. Is it a sensor for the alarm incase someone brakes in? I wonder if it flashes a little at night
Looks like myself, @AdamMGEV & @Ian MG5 (who have all confirmed we had this 'thingy') all have an MG5 Exclusive - are there any Excite owners who have this? If not, would this confirm it's part of the Automatic Temperature Control, such as a temperature sensor as @djenson suggests?

Looks like myself, @AdamMGEV & @Ian MG5 (who have all confirmed we had this 'thingy') all have an MG5 Exclusive - are there any Excite owners who have this? If not, would this confirm it's part of the Automatic Temperature Control, such as a temperature sensor as @djenson suggests?
My 21 plate (Dec 21) Excite does not have it.๐Ÿ‘ด

My 21 plate (Dec 21) Excite does not have it.๐Ÿ‘ด
Cool - sounds a fairly safe guess that it is indeed a temperature sensor associated with the Automatic Temperature Control, which is only fitted to the Exclusive ๐Ÿ‘

Now, who is going to test what happens to the heater temperature and fan speed when an ice cube is placed on this ๐Ÿคฃ

Calm down everybody.....it probably is just a plastic plug , screw type of thingies that indeed holds the dash together. Like these ones.

Attachments

• -1432243355-1613044485.jpg
    -1432243355-1613044485.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited by a moderator:
Not to be outdone by others I've just checked and I have one too :)
Wonder if MG know ?

I have one too as I have the exclusive not noticed it so not going to worry about it ๐Ÿ˜‚

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom