🤔HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEA WHAT THIS IS🤔

Very disappointed to be missing a mystery thingy on my Excite. Did find a bit of dirt that needs wiped off at the weekend though.

IMG_20220419_182052.jpg

Ahh
The plot thickens
Only found on the exclusive then
But we are still no wiser what it’s for
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Has to be related to the automatic climate control as that’s about the only difference that would justify a sensor. So cabin temperature sensor is say.
I think a couple of other people have said something along those lines and as you say with it not being in the excite model it could be the sensor
I’m going to vic youngs later this week to pick my sons mg zs ev up
I will ask the question
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Turn on the auto climate control button and set temp to just above ambient, then apply your warm finger. If it is related to cabin temp the air blown out should quickly turn to cool air from warm air I would have thought 👍

had a look at my car today and it looks like the steering wheel adjustment lever
In the original picture, it’s a little ‘sensor’ (that now looks to be part of the Exclusive’s auto climate control) which is circled, just to the left of the steering wheel adjustment lever.

Looks like myself, @AdamMGEV & @Ian MG5 (who have all confirmed we had this 'thingy') all have an MG5 Exclusive - are there any Excite owners who have this? If not, would this confirm it's part of the Automatic Temperature Control, such as a temperature sensor as @djenson suggests?
I also have an MG5EV LR 22 plate and this is on my vehicle. No idea what it's for

It's the exact same looking thing as the temperature sensor that's been on all my cars I've had with automatic climate control.

One time in my mini i connected diagnostic equipment and was able to see the "internal temperature" value quickly rise when my finger was on the sencer.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom