🥶HOW LOW CAN WE GO🥶

Ian MG5

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all
Saturday morning my car was charged up fully to 100%
After a few trips of a couple of miles here there and everywhere (32 miles in total using 40% of the battery)
Here is what my dash is showing
100EFD35-ACD9-4084-95D3-204F313BF618.jpeg

Granted the outside temperature has not got above 0°C and I have had heating on max as well as both heated seats (toasty)
So I reckon I may get 100 miles out of a charge😂😂😂
So role on the warmer weather 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Was 1.9/2.0 mine for the first few miles this morning. But I had left it on the drive defrosting at max temp for 10 minutes. 35 miles later it levelled out at. 2.9

I hit 1.2m/kw this evening short journey of about 4 miles, defrost, heater on heated seat on lights inc rear fog etc.
At least I could plug in while I shopped and put 4kw back in.

Blimey I thought I got bad economy from my SR. But last night even at 70mph, in sports mode, with lights, heating, rear windscreen heating, radio on etc and at -2°c I still got 2.1 m/kwh and recovered to 2.5 m/kwh once off the motorway and back in normal mode

Blimey I thought I got bad economy from my SR. But last night even at 70mph, in sports mode, with lights, heating, rear windscreen heating, radio on etc and at -2°c I still got 2.1 m/kwh and recovered to 2.5 m/kwh once off the motorway and back in normal mode
Yep
Short journeys with everything turned on sure eats the battery
😂😂😂😂
Good job I can charge at work for free
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Had a day out yesterday, went to Castle Howard for the Christmas display in the house. Temperature never rose above zero, heating on all the way, and and a mixture of roads, dual carriageway for about 35 miles with about 5 miles of town and country roads at each end. Normal mode and KERS 3 at either end, KERS1 on the dual carriageway.
Was a little concerned after the the SOC dropped form 100% to 95% after just 5 and a half miles but once the batteries warmed up they didn't do too bad.

IMG_20221214_120417750.jpg

I think the interesting thing is that after the initial 5% drop the SOC only dropped a further 20% for the next 39 miles, so almost the 2 miles per 1% figure more familiar in summer.
I did keep it to a steady 60mph rather than my usual 65 on the dual carriageway because of the poor first 5 miles and consequently the journey lasted 2 minutes longer. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom