100% charge for 10 miles

5teep

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Normally at this time of year my car is 99% by the time I get to the end of my street but today it would not drop. Stuck on 100% with no kers working was becoming a worry. I stopped and shut off for a couple of minutes and thankfully it started to drop after that but it put my range estimates all wrong.

If I've done a full charge with a battery balance I'll often go a few miles on 100%. I think it's down to the extra capacity the BMS keeps hidden to make sure you don't see an battery degradation in the first couple of years.

If I've done a full charge with a battery balance I'll often go a few miles on 100%. I think it's down to the extra capacity the BMS keeps hidden to make sure you don't see a battery degradation in the first couple of years.
Yeah - This is a fairly common situation TBH.
I have even seen this happen on a VAG VW PHEV we once owned back in 2015.
Charged to 100% and pulled away the following morning ( usually in the summer months ) and no reported drop in predicted range for a couple of miles ?.
Then again on other occasions, the battery would report the max predicted mileage on the GOM then reduce by a mile in range, just as the car moved a few yards ??.

Pretty sure it was just a glitch, my major concern at the time apart from not knowing how far I could go, was if the percentage had not begun to fall I could not charge the car even if it needed it. As with the infotainment unit when it freezes, a stop and switch off for a minute resets it.

I know. There was space in the battery, the reading on screen simply hadn't changed to reflect it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom