120km warning

busa

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Tried to search the forum for an answer, but couldn't find one, anyone else had this warming appear.
So the maximum speed limit on French motorways is either 110 or 130 kmph depending on the weather.
I always turn off the "intelligent" speed control, because lets face it, it's c**p and is use either ACC or manual speed control.
But when I accelerate and as I reach 120 kmph there is a warning on the dash saying I've exceeded 120kmph, it only stays for a moment then goes.
I find this strange as I've set the ACC or manual speed control to either 125 or 130, plus the sign recognition is turned off and the SAT NAV shows a limit of 130 kmph.
The car is not running on EV mode.
Anyone else seen this or how to get rid of warning??
Many thanks

The control is accessed by using the right /left buttons on the right of the steering wheel. Without going out to check, I thinks it shows Vehicle Mode / Performance, then the Cruise Control Screen, then Warnings, then the one with dash brightness and 'OS Threshold'. Select OS Threshold then OK, the up and down arrows to change speed.

If cruise and warning are both set at say 130kph, I've noticed the car occasionally creeps up to 132 on cruise control, and then gives itself a warning ...

Last edited:
You can actually turn this OFF. Turn the speed all the way down until it shows off. I have a feeling not many people know this as not many would turn the speed down but only up.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom