lsb777

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Brighton area to Liverpool this morning via 2x Tesla Superchargers (Banbury & Stoke). Could have skipped the 2nd one and gone to a local Liverpool charger (Dobbies Speke was back-up plan) but bladder won the race. Anyway...so much cheaper than all other networks and very simple to use, plus they're fast as we know from the Tesla drivers boasts. My Xpower averaged exactly 3.0mls/kWh for 277 mile trip. Was in ECO 95% of journey and used ECO HVAC on fan 1 and 22c frequently. Happy with those numbers. Plus it actually works out better to join Tesla SC membership for £10.99 for month. Can cancel anytime and already saved £7.87 of that by getting 36p per unit at Banbury and 34p at Stoke. Will use Stoke tomorrow on way back and easily recoup the £10.99 and still have a month to use if I go off again. Finally, no problems with the car at all, very easy drive. LKA was middle option as I always do (Lane Departure Assist) and FCA to alert only. Most of journey was TJA set to 69 :) as in no major rush and happy for the car to help me with the steering in lane, even if it's a little twitchy.

I have done a couple of long trips in the XPower now and agree with using the Telsa chargers and subscribing. Car was pulling 140.1 kW/h from the charger at one point and over 130 kW/h from 20% to 55% after that dropped to around 70 kW/h but still fast and means a stop of between 15 - 30 minutes will get you to the next Tesla charger.

I did notice a change in efficiency when above 60mph went from 3.1 miles/kWh to 2.8ish when at 65mph or 70 mph. In Eco mode with the HVAC ECO button on and in auto at around 23 deg C

How did you find the comfort after a long drive? We (Mrs G and me) found it a very relaxing and comfortable drive and got out 5 hours later feeling great still … no aches or pains 👍 😊
Yes agree. No aches & pains. The 1st part to Banbury was 2.25 hours and leg was aching but that's because I'm 50. Seating especially the heated bits comfortable for me. I'm 6'1" so I have seat almost fully back and raised a bit and no issues.

Successful journey. Comfortable & relaxing with ACC/TJA on the motorway. 575 miles and 3.0mls/kWh average. Used Tesla SCs the whole journey (4 times) and saved £16 on the non-member pricing by joining so £5 up and still have 28 days of membership. Will probably cancel as don't go off too much. £51 total spent in charging including initial 100% from home. Stupidly forgot to take photos of info at the stops or would have been a bit more informative of usage! Overall really great trip until the £157 in Costco on the way home.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom