1st service cost MG5 (2022 older model)

I've just had my first service at 7.5K with Richmond Southampton.

£85.20 inc VAT

Good service, first garage to actually call when the car was done rather than tea time...

Just paid £130 for first service @13.5k mile. Donalds MG Peterborough renewal of MG Assistance too.
I’m thinking of taking my LR Excite there for its first service (slightly less miles). I wonder, could I please ask if they gave you any paperwork for your own records (rather than keeping it all on their system, as they did for my PDI)?

May I (for once!) be the first to say I hope you had it done at an MG garage to get your AA membership extended!!
A very good point to remember. I had mine done at a MG dealer and after a few days I rang the AA on the magic number and enquired. Mine hadn't been renewed. :mad: So a quick call to the dealer and the said they would do it. Rang the AA a few days later again and yes I was now covered.
So moral of the story is don't assume anything....check.

Good service, first garage to actually call when the car was done rather than tea time...
When I had a Skoda Yeti (shudder), Arnold Clark called as soon as they claimed the car was ready for collection. Which was simultaneously understandable but surprising.

Understandable as I could relate to anyone wanting that heap of junk off their premises ASAP. But surprising that there was someone at Arnold Clark who knew how to use a telephone.

I've just had my first service at 7.5K with Richmond Southampton.

£85.20 inc VAT

Winner of cheapest service(y). thought l did well to barter £98. pity yours is 100mls away:cautious:. So price to aim for(y)

Winner of cheapest service(y). thought l did well to barter £98. pity yours is 100mls away:cautious:. So price to aim for(y)
Hold your horses.

ZS low mileage first service cost was £36.97

And i had my MG5 pre facelift first service ( low mileage) for the same price
Mine had done 7500 miles at the time

Just had my first service done at Oxford MG at 8500 miles. Cost was £120 inc VAT which I thought was reasonable, complete with descriptive video, topping up fluids and cleaning inside and out. Shame it takes a couple of hours to get home after leaving the car, two buses and about a mile and a half on foot. The disadvantage of country life?

My dealer is in a rural location so a pleasant countryside walk for a couple of hours is the order of the day if the weather is kind (which it was last year) :)

I’m thinking of taking my LR Excite there for its first service (slightly less miles). I wonder, could I please ask if they gave you any paperwork for your own records (rather than keeping it all on their system, as they did for my PDI)?
I got no paperwork from MG after my service says it’s on a digital bats base now. They do renew your AA membership.though if you use a MG dealer.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom