1st service cost on an MG HS PHEV

My car is due for its first service at the end of next month (July ). The mileage by then will be circa 7500/8000 and the car hasn’t and doesn’t have any issues so the service should just be basic. I propose to have the service carried out by the MG garage where I purchased the car and who are quoting £214.60. I would be grateful if other owners of the same car would advise if this is the going rate. I’ve been pleased with the car. It’s comfortable, attractive in Farringdon Red, goes well and at 65.4 mpg is economical. Like most drivers I’m guessing, for all my local driving I put it into EV mode and the mpg figure reflects this and several ” normal “ longer journeys where I let the car sort out the modes Itself. I had the windows tinted almost immediately after I purchased it because it was a real hot house in the sun, and it’s better now. Had locking wheel nuts, car mats, and a rubber boot mat fitted. No real dislikes. The interior mirror does obstruct my forward left view even after adjusting it. I wish the mirrors would stay folded up to 30mph rather than 10mph so that I could drive along country lanes without dreading the sight of an oncoming vehicle. Early on the lapse in gear change in EV mode did catch me out at c50mph but now I allow for it. Overall I consider it to be a good PHEV and excellent value.
My car is due for its first service at the end of next month (July ). The mileage by then will be circa 7500/8000 and the car hasn’t and doesn’t have any issues so the service should just be basic. I propose to have the service carried out by the MG garage where I purchased the car and who are quoting £214.60. I would be grateful if other owners of the same car would advise if this is the going rate. I’ve been pleased with the car. It’s comfortable, attractive in Farringdon Red, goes well and at 65.4 mpg is economical. Like most drivers I’m guessing, for all my local driving I put it into EV mode and the mpg figure reflects this and several ” normal “ longer journeys where I let the car sort out the modes Itself. I had the windows tinted almost immediately after I purchased it because it was a real hot house in the sun, and it’s better now. Had locking wheel nuts, car mats, and a rubber boot mat fitted. No real dislikes. The interior mirror does obstruct my forward left view even after adjusting it. I wish the mirrors would stay folded up to 30mph rather than 10mph so that I could drive along country lanes without dreading the sight of an oncoming vehicle. Early on the lapse in gear change in EV mode did catch me out at c50mph but now I allow for it. Overall I consider it to be a good PHEV and excellent value.
My first service at 9.8444 miles cost £129.00 & included a years' full membership of the AA.
I am a regular customer, having had many Toyota's from them over the past 30 years. A first class car dealer.

£200+ or - a few bob is about right for a first year HS PHEV service with no plan in place. You can still take out a plan even though you will have paid seperately for 1st year service. Get it from MG online. There is a setting somewhere on the many settings options to put your mirrors on manual. Like you I have the PHEV auto top spec and it is a good car which does actually really drive well. I had a Hyundai Tuscon Diesel top spec previous which was a brilliant car but the MG HS PHEV beats it hands down for economy and I get a double bonus of charging from my solar panels on the house. For the money its hard to beat! A few teething problems with the windows when it was hot have been dealt with by MG so no complaints here.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom