2 Months, so far, wait for spare parts. Ridiculous.

MikeM

Standard Member
Reaction score
Two months ago I took my MG ZS EV to the dealer with a knock on the front suspension. The technician looked at it and decided that the front right shock absorber needed to be changed. It was put on order. We are now two months later, after having been put on back order again a month ago. MG have now given the dealer a second back order date in about a months time making it three months. THREE MONTHS to get a spare part. I have never come across this before in many years of motoring. Wish I had scrapped up the extra ten grand and purchased the Kia EV now.

It isn't generally considered good practice to replace a single shock absorber. Have they ordered a pair?

It isn't generally considered good practice to replace a single shock absorber. Have they ordered a pair?
Usually when they get towards wearing out mileage, yes, but if one has gone faulty after only 17 months then a single one should be fine.

At 17 months I would 100% expect both to be replaced.

Two months ago I took my MG ZS EV to the dealer with a knock on the front suspension. The technician looked at it and decided that the front right shock absorber needed to be changed. It was put on order. We are now two months later, after having been put on back order again a month ago. MG have now given the dealer a second back order date in about a months time making it three months. THREE MONTHS to get a spare part. I have never come across this before in many years of motoring. Wish I had scrapped up the extra ten grand and purchased the Kia EV now.
My Kia Ceed was off the road for 6 weeks after I hit a hare, new bumper couldn't be fitted as a parking sensor had to come from Korea!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom