2022 range

Here it's the realistic range
Long range View attachment 13349
Standard rangeView attachment 13350
These numbers reflect my experience so far pretty accurately, reduce even further as the car ages and for hills

On a 2.5 hour journey like today the pre-heating of the car would have worn off pretty quick. The SE doesn’t have heated seats.

I don’t think it is a luxury to travel in warmth. I could have been warm in any other car than an EV.

I tried using ECO mode but it is rubbish. Tiny improvement in range but no cabin heat. It was a freezing cold day.
It would appear that an EV is not for you then... This is why it is always important to do your research properly before buying anything to make sure that it is actually fit for the purpose that you intend to use it for.

If you can't do 60 on the motorway don't buy an EV
If you have to have the heating on all the time when it is a little chilly don't buy an EV
If you have to do a lot of long journeys on said motorways, don't buy an EV

If you find yourself looking at the specs and saying "I wouldn't have to worry about that in my petrol/diesel car" then don't buy an EV.

EVs are not suitable for everyone, you make a purchase based on suitability... you wouldn't buy a ferrari to go off-roading.

Winter is always going to be rough for an EV, and you will actually get a drop in MPG on a petrol/diesel car in the winter, but in my opinion, the benefits I get throughout the rest of the year more than offset the drawbacks in the winter.

The ZS is my third EV and I've never had any issues with loss of range in winter. You learn to adapt, just as you adapt your driving in snow, fog, etc.

I’m only on my second day and having a little freak out.
I took a small trip of about 32 miles total to the local big Asda. When I left I had a charge of 100% but by the time I got back it was down to 52%!
The car is a MG ZS EV Trophy, just the standard 2022 model.
Surely I’m missing something because as it stands my total range is going to be about 65 miles if I go from 100% to 0% each journey.

What am I missing? Can anyone offer advice?
Well that doesn’t sound correct. My mk 1 exclusive used to do 150 ish in warm weather and 110 ish in cold weather, my new trophy lr has lots more range. Was the super max trip down a motorway at high speed - if not reset all you trip meters and full charge and try again
If you have a standard trophy you should be getting much more than you are reporting so don’t worry

I’m only on my second day and having a little freak out.
I took a small trip of about 32 miles total to the local big Asda. When I left I had a charge of 100% but by the time I got back it was down to 52%!
The car is a MG ZS EV Trophy, just the standard 2022 model.
Surely I’m missing something because as it stands my total range is going to be about 65 miles if I go from 100% to 0% each journey.

What am I missing? Can anyone offer advice?
I imagine the car is learning your driving style as well as what has already been said. While I wait for my ZS EV to arrive, my 2016 Soul EV is doing 3.9 miles /kWh - and I hardly ever use eco. See what yours does after a week or so.

I bought a ZS trophy long range on the 1st April 2022.
I was expecting to get about 200 miles on a full charge.
At the moment there are 21,560 miles done.
I travel just over 200 miles per day and was surprised to get 250 on full charge.
With the cold weather it is down to 190.
It has been a huge learning curve but when you come to terms with range it is not difficult to manage, I have installed a home charger and that is normally sufficient.
I now leave a little earlier and stop for a coffee and charge, when I get back to my car it's usually enough to complete my trip.
I drive on eco at 65 always....
Like most owners I was concerned about getting home and maybe panicking at times, but it's the same as having a range restriction / fuel capacity on any vehicle, you learn to manage it.
Would I buy another?
Yes without any doubt...........but hopefully a car that would do 350 on a charge.. EV's are the future, there is no visible alternative..

I bought a ZS trophy long range on the 1st April 2022.
I was expecting to get about 200 miles on a full charge.
At the moment there are 21,560 miles done.
I travel just over 200 miles per day and was surprised to get 250 on full charge.
With the cold weather it is down to 190.
It has been a huge learning curve but when you come to terms with range it is not difficult to manage, I have installed a home charger and that is normally sufficient.
I now leave a little earlier and stop for a coffee and charge, when I get back to my car it's usually enough to complete my trip.
I drive on eco at 65 always....
Like most owners I was concerned about getting home and maybe panicking at times, but it's the same as having a range restriction / fuel capacity on any vehicle, you learn to manage it.
Would I buy another?
Yes without any doubt...........but hopefully a car that would do 350 on a charge.. EV's are the future, there is no visible alternative..
You may find that travelling at 60mph gives you sufficient range in his cold weathe to get you home without a charge. It's probably quicker than travelling at 65 and fitting in a small charge. Obviously, as the weather gets warmer, you can travel a little faster.

I left the passenger seat heater on and that kept me warm without losing and range and not roasting my chestnuts 👍🏼😉

You may find that travelling at 60mph gives you sufficient range in his cold weathe to get you home without a charge. It's probably quicker than travelling at 65 and fitting in a small charge. Obviously, as the weather gets warmer, you can travel a little faster.
👍will give it a try, but at 60 it's more difficult overtaking trucks.

I have slowed it to sixty and yes 👍 it certainly works,
Still learning with 25k miles completed. The only issue I have had is on two occasions connecting to motorway service chargers, the car computer tripped, (battery section) on the first occasion it had to be recovered to Birmingham dealership from where I purchased it where it
And they took three weeks to reset. (Not acceptable)
On the second occasion last week exactly the same happened,
This time the AA reset in less than five minutes and told me if it happened again to tell wHoever was dealing with it that it is the battery module that needs to be reset.
He also suggested when connecting to charger to switch everything off and lock doors before connecting.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom