2022 SR ZS. No short range anxiety here šŸ˜Ž

Gazz7

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
20220724_201735.jpg

Just came back from my Daughters, journey was Northampton to Burnley.
I had a full charge but did about 7 miles before leaving, hence the difference in the pics.
This was all motorway driving in Eco mode, so not a lot of opportunity to regen, just a bit of lift and coast in regeneration mode 1 where possible. Air-conditioning was manual used with the occasional free air con opening the window.
By the time I hit Manchester I was 13 mile up on full charge mileage of 208 in Eco, (I always reset the trip meter), but it's quite hilly where I am so from the pic you can see I was back to 1 for 1 on milage.
Currently had the car for 4 months and on just over 4000 miles current cost is Ā£40, thanks to free charging at work.

Hope this helps anyone planning a longish journey.

Attachments

• 20220724_201832.jpg
    20220724_201832.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 165
View attachment 9857

I had a full charge but did about 7 miles before leaving, hence the difference in the pics.
This was all motorway driving in Eco mode, so not a lot of opportunity to regen, just a bit of lift and coast in regeneration mode 1 where possible. Air-conditioning was manual used with the occasional free air con opening the window.
By the time I hit Manchester I was 13 mile up on full charge mileage of 208 in Eco, (I always reset the trip meter), but it's quite hilly where I am so from the pic you can see I was back to 1 for 1 on milage.
Currently had the car for 4 months and on just over 4000 miles current cost is Ā£40, thanks to free charging at work.

What speed were you at on the motorway?

Has anyone found any way to change the units it shows.

We do Kilometers here, but i dont get "X kilometers per KWh"

Instead it says "KWh per 100 kilometers" really pisses me off, as if i want to know "kilometers per KWh" i have to do math.

Have been looking in the menu, but did not find any place to change it.

What speed were you at on the motorway?
Mainly around 58 to 60 due to all bar one of the smart motorway sections running at 60mph, the drop in average is mainly due to non motorway driving getting to and from the motorway to get home.

View attachment 9857

Almost bang on the motorway rule of thumb 2 miles for each 1 percent. :)

Instead it says "KWh per 100 kilometers" really pisses me off, as if i want to know "kilometers per KWh" i have to do math.

I don't think there is. It's the differing way that imperial and metric measure consumption, e.g. ICE fuel consumption in miles per gallon (mpg) and litres/100km for metric

I don't think there is. It's the differing way that imperial and metric measure consumption, e.g. ICE fuel consumption in miles per gallon (mpg) and litres/100km for metric
Yeah i know, it sucks that they did not just include a setting to change it to whatever i feel like.

On a previous car, i was able to get the fuel computer to tell me the "Kilometers per liter" but i had to set it to, i think Japanese units of measure. If i set it to European it would give me the same useless measure.

I honestly do not know a single person that would think that "liters per 100 kilometers" is a better measurement than "Kilometers per liter".

Infuriating as hell :)

View attachment 9857

Excellent driving. You have quite a high average speed as well for such a long trip on UK roads :)

Almost bang on the motorway rule of thumb 2 miles for each 1 percent. :)
That's what I normally work too, except on the M65 going to and from work.
The work journey is 21.9 mile each way so roughly 176 miles for my 4 shifts, but because of the hills I use 13% to work, and 15% coming home, which for the 4 shifts is 112%, no amount of driving style changes I've tried can get me anywhere near the 4 journeys, but I'm fine with that.

Yeah i know, it sucks that they did not just include a setting to change it to whatever i feel like.

On a previous car, i was able to get the fuel computer to tell me the "Kilometers per liter" but i had to set it to, i think Japanese units of measure. If i set it to European it would give me the same useless measure.

I honestly do not know a single person that would think that "liters per 100 kilometers" is a better measurement than "Kilometers per liter".

Infuriating as hell :)
I remember there was a special version of the VW Lupo that called the 3L. So everone thought it was a Lupo with a big 3.0 litre VR6 engine. Turned out it was far from the truth as the 3L meant 3 litres per 100km (94mpg).

I remember there was a special version of the VW Lupo that called the 3L. So everone thought it was a Lupo with a big 3.0 litre VR6 engine. Turned out it was far from the truth as the 3L meant 3 litres per 100km (94mpg).
Yeah i remember that one as well.

Nobody was able to actually get it to do 33,3 km per liter, it was a quirky 3 cylinder diesel, and atleast here, it was not allowed to change to a different set of wheels or rims, or retrofit another radio or amp, as the car was approved with these items, to supposedly be able to do 33,3 km/l

Also, it was measured, using the NEDC test which was very inaccurate and allowed for a lot of tricks to make it seem better than it was. (Not mounting the passenger side rear view mirror, as this is not mandatory, to reduce drag. Also tape up all cracks and run the engine with very thin oil to reduce friction in the engine. The engine would not past 1000 miles with this oil, but it would last for as long as the engine was tested :) )

It's really just a question of getting used to the measure as a familiar scale. Obviously to get what you want you have to divide 100 by X where X is the kWh/100km, so if X is 20, the answer is 5km per kWh if X is 10 the answer is 10km/kWh - usually X is somewhere between. 15 - 6.7. (I know you know this and I'm not trying to be patronising, but I find it is just a question of familiarity with the numbers - I do it with the conversion to miles/kWh because I am used to that, but the ev database always compares cars in kWh/100km, so I have to divide X into 62.)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom