2022 Trophy LR - couple of questions.

DrTom

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I searched the forum for answers to these questions but can't seem to find answers.

1) The Gen1 model used to pulse the charge flap lights when charging and then stay full on when balancing - can't find anything similar on the Gen2 - how do you know when it is balancing and when it is finished??

2) I understand that the ODB app written for the Gen1 ZS does not work for the Gen2 - what app are people using with the Gen2 to get SOH etc.

Thanks in advance

DrT

I dont know if it is possible to know from the app, but in the app, when the car is charging and you go to the battery charging menu on your phone there is a time in the app.

This is Danish, crudely tranlated into English. My car is currently charging and it says something to the effect of :

"Post processon time 17:24"

I would imagine, that either this is the time it is full and will start the "post process" or this is the time it expects to finish the "post processing".

If it is the time it calculated is it finished doing "Post processing" you can get the time here, but not that it is doing it i guess.

My guess is that "post processing" is the battery balancing

I searched the forum for answers to these questions but can't seem to find answers.

1) The Gen1 model used to pulse the charge flap lights when charging and then stay full on when balancing - can't find anything similar on the Gen2 - how do you know when it is balancing and when it is finished??

2) I understand that the ODB app written for the Gen1 ZS does not work for the Gen2 - what app are people using with the Gen2 to get SOH etc.

Thanks in advance

DrT
The charging lights on the front of the MK2 show green when charging and go off completely when balancing completed.
There are no working OBD2 apps that Ive found

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom