240 mile range

Mg5man

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
20210902_121803.jpg

239.47 miles if mine is to be believed

By my calculation, based on actual miles travelled, how much charge we put it on the journey and miles remaining on the GOM when we got back, we had a projected 230 mile range on the one long trip we did to the coast on SWMBO's 5 a couple of months ago. All A-roads and hardly ever reaching 60mph.

By my calculation, based on actual miles travelled, how much charge we put it on the journey and miles remaining on the GOM when we got back, we had a projected 230 mile range on the one long trip we did to the coast on SWMBO's 5 a couple of months ago. All A-roads and hardly ever reaching 60mph.
There are several ways to estimate the full-charge range, but I am currently doing this. So far I have travelled 393 miles (yes I know that's not much to go on), and in that time I have consumed a total of 167% of charge, ie I have charged 3 times in all adding 50% 58% and 59%. I know that these % figures are approximations, but calculating from this the range is approximately (393/167)*100, which gives 235 miles. This seems to agree pretty well with the overall rating of 4.6 miles per kwh shown on the display. Using the GOM reading after charging (GOM reading at end of charge / % reading at end of charge, then times by 100) gives a range of about 225 miles. Which of these 2 methods is correct is anyone's guess, but I suspect that the first is slightly more likely. Incidentally I have only driven in Eco mode Kers 2 so far, and take my GOM readings with Eco set. I have yet to try a longer journey, all so far have been about 10 to 12 miles or so maximum at speeds up to about 50 mph - it is hard to go faster where I live on the Isle of Wight!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom