2nd hand value madness

I am thinking of getting an mg4, so I got a price for my gen 1 zs ev, 30000 miles 2 years old in showroom condition £22200, £300 more than I paid for it.
Ordered my MG4, bought my 70reg MG5 excite a year ago for £19500, just got a valuation of £21400, madness as you say, I’ve opted for a SE SR purely on price so £4500 to get brand new MG electric. Yea

Love it !!!

Hi this thread is very interesting we all know what price EVs are are bringing in the 2nd hand sector,but this is the upper end of the market for me £20 Grand and up really,you will find some cheaper, the leaf for one but not young any more and battery bars 2/3 down
Recently I have been looking a round for a small hatchback for my nice for her to do her job, and have been alarmed at how the prices at the lower end of the market have also rocket.
Not to far away from me a small local garage as a Corsa for sale on a 06 plate,been there a month or two now when I first saw it it was priced a £1295, looks ok but only a 3 door which she does not want, now a few days ago I went back to the same place to look at a fiat punto they have, same Corsa is still there now up at £1495 said to the chap why as the price on that Corsa increased his answer was because the prices of everything is on the increase and that’s the going price today for a car like that one I said but you have had it awhile I know that for a fact no worries he said it will go at some point good cheaper cars are hard to find now and getting more so.The used car market is madder than ever.
Les

We sold my wives 2019 Range Rover Evogue to WBAC in late June and got £4,700 more than we paid for it. That paid for her deposit for her MG ZS which we've now cancelled the order for as we found a 22 plate Trophy Connect for sale with only 2,000 miles on it - saves waiting on the 'we don't know when it will arrive' debate with the dealership.

Also, late last year I sold my Ford Mustang GT 5.0 that was 6 years old for the same price I bought it for back in 2016.

Prices of second hand cars are mental right now!
Wow! This is what I called Free motoring!
My dad got £4k for his 08 plate Honda Jazz (only 20k miles but lots dings around the bodywork) against a Hyundai i10

A lot of this will be down to a range of factors, chip shortage, supply shortage, inflation costs, rising demand because of fuel prices, movement from fossil to EV fuels driving demand etc. EV's are great investments right now!

A lot of this will be down to a range of factors, chip shortage, supply shortage, inflation costs, rising demand because of fuel prices, movement from fossil to EV fuels driving demand etc. EV's are great investments right now!
I’m hoping the sale of my old MG5 will overtake the price of the MG4, now wouldn’t that be a result 😂

I’m hoping the sale of my old MG5 will overtake the price of the MG4, now wouldn’t that be a result 😂
🙄
Flying_Pigs.jpg

Hi all
I got a call from my supplying dealership yesterday asking if I would like to p/x my 11 month old Mg5 lr exclusive (4800 miles) for a new EV
They must be desperate for second hand EV’s
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Hi all
I got a call from my supplying dealership yesterday asking if I would like to p/x my 11 month old Mg5 lr exclusive (4800 miles) for a new EV
They must be desperate for second hand EV’s
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
They are but did they give you a price you don’t say.
Les

Last edited:
I have just accepted an offer of £23,899 for my two year old white ZS EV Exclusive with 11300 miles from Motorway. I paid £21,995 for a pre-registered car, including a £2500 EV grant! Remember when you could negotiate discounts from the dealer....
The car has been perfect - it is a joy to drive although I find the interior plastic finish and the doors rather flimsy. Charged either by solar during the day or Octopus Go at night (still on a 5p per KWh tariff until 31January).
I will regretfully be leaving the group as I am taking delivery of a Polestar 2 in a couple of weeks.

I have just accepted an offer of £23,899 for my two year old white ZS EV Exclusive with 11300 miles from Motorway. I paid £21,995 for a pre-registered car, including a £2500 EV grant! Remember when you could negotiate discounts from the dealer....
The car has been perfect - it is a joy to drive although I find the interior plastic finish and the doors rather flimsy. Charged either by solar during the day or Octopus Go at night (still on a 5p per KWh tariff until 31January).
I will regretfully be leaving the group as I am taking delivery of a Polestar 2 in a couple of weeks.

Great news that you are staying BEV. Even better news that your ownership of the MG5 has proved positive, as has selling it.

The PS2 is a great car and certainly offers many of the features found in the MG range of BEVs :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom